The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: Malc on April 21, 2015, 08:11:13 PM
Usually they say to wait 24 hours to collect items as they are still on the van doing its rounds. Probably why they couldn't find it.

Yep that :thumbsup:

Paul

Trainfish

Quote from: Oldun on April 21, 2015, 10:30:52 AM
Re the posting on collections of household rubbish, recycling & garden/food waste.

You must be living in the wrong areas  ;)

I live in the Medway area of Kent and the collections are as follows:

Recycling, General rubbish & Garden/Food waste are all collected weekly.

In the brown bin you can put:

Grass and hedge clippings
Garden prunings and weeds
Small branches (no more than 5cm across)
Dead plants
Shredded paper that cannot be secured in the blue reusable bags can be placed inside the brown wheelie bin.
Food-soiled cardboard like pizza boxes can also be placed inside the brown bin.

With a phone call you can have:

Bulky/Large items collected upto 3 times in any 12 month period for free.

Free collection of Electrical waste (battery or Plug supplied power) on Tuesdays or Fridays
any time of the year.

The local free sites are I'm afraid the same as other sites, vehicle type and height restrictions unless
you phone in advance to arrange entry and of course, no foot traffic  :(

Roger

I thought the pikeys were in charge of collections in Kent?  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldun

Quote from: Trainfish on April 21, 2015, 09:50:14 PM

Must admit that the 'scrap' merchants in their Trannies are around at least once a day :)

Give them their due, they do knock and ask if its OK to remove metal and such if its in
the front of the house or visible from the road or street :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bikeracer

I had a similar experience with the Post Office.

A recorded delivery of a Fathers Day card was attempted and a card left to say the attempt had been made.
That also got lost between the attempt and taking it back to the sorting office.

I can only assume that the postman/thief guessed there was money in it because it was a recorded delivery.

Complained about it and the Post office treated it as just another lost parcel,the fact it was lost after attemping delivery didn't register at all as being stolen.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

railsquid

Quote from: Oldun on April 21, 2015, 09:57:24 PM

Must admit that the 'scrap' merchants in their Trannies are around at least once a day :)

Oh, the van kind of Trannie ... Had me confused for a moment there.

Oldun

Quote from: railsquid on April 22, 2015, 09:11:59 AM
Quote from: Oldun on April 21, 2015, 09:57:24 PM

Oh, the van kind of Trannie ... Had me confused for a moment there.

:-[ Sorry, I'll rephrase that.

Must admit that the 'scrap' merchants in their Transit vans/pickups are around at least once a day  :)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

paulprice

Quote from: Bikeracer on April 22, 2015, 08:29:35 AM
I had a similar experience with the Post Office.

A recorded delivery of a Fathers Day card was attempted and a card left to say the attempt had been made.
That also got lost between the attempt and taking it back to the sorting office.

I can only assume that the postman/thief guessed there was money in it because it was a recorded delivery.

Complained about it and the Post office treated it as just another lost parcel,the fact it was lost after attemping delivery didn't register at all as being stolen.

Allan

Don't get me started on the POST OFFICE and so-called attempted deliveries  :'(

Tdm

I have just sent an email to the postman I used to work with in the Colwyn Bay Delivery Office, and who now works in a more senior position in the office there. He is also a friend and regularly visits us in Tenerife.

I am sure he will be able to help me put a bit of extra pressure on the Chester office (which is where all the mail from the Colwyn Bay goes each night to be electronically sorted, and I know because I sometimes drove the tail lift wagon that took it).

Currently awaiting a reply from him.

MattJ

I ordered a decoder from DCC Supplies, they despatched it on Monday but it still hasn't arrived!  What are you doing Royal Mail?  I haven't even had a little red card.
They're there for their tea.

Tdm

Just a quick update - but my son tells me the Post Office has now found the recorded delivery trains package they at first lost, and he now has it at home waiting for me to collect it when I come over Monday. So I am no longer angry about this.

DELETED

Didn't get an offer after the interview I did a month ago in Barrow :'(  They were happy but what I got rejected on I really disagree with as I was very strong on that so I obviously fluffed that part at the interview.  So :censored: annoyed with myself., it was a strange interview anyway.

ozzie Bill.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, RST. Any other interviews in the pipeline? Cheers, Bill.

DELETED

QuoteSorry to hear you didn't get the job, RST. Any other interviews in the pipeline? Cheers, Bill.

...Interviews are a novelty!  2 in 7 months so far, no probs with my CV apparently and not for want of trying but just absolutely nobody wants engineers these days :confused2:  Lots of guys are like me at the moment. Am now looking at putting myself through a class 2 HGV licence before I totally run out of cash -I hear drivers are always in short demand.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: RST on April 25, 2015, 03:00:11 AM
Am now looking at putting myself through a class 2 HGV licence before I totally run out of cash -I hear drivers are always in short demand.

Go for it RST, I did my Class 2 when I took redundancy about 10 years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed driving trucks. I did only do it for a couple of years but it was quite fun and I found it quite a good way to de-stress.

It can be tiring work having to get up at 04:00 sometimes and not getting home till 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening after handballing the stuff out the truck all day, but it's a satisfying tiredness.

Another thing is, you'll always have that qualification on your licence. I haven't driven a wagon since 2007, but I can do if I want to. I know I have to do the drivers CPC if I want to drive commercially, but I can still drive a wagon if required 😊

Oh one more thing, I would recommend going straight up to Class 1 after getting your class 2 licence, I wish I'd done it straight away, otherwise you get into working and then never get round to doing it. But that will really depend on what you want to do, I was quite happy doing local multi-drop rather than long distance tramping type work.

Anyway good luck to you, oh and remember if you do go driving trucks, when you're sat in a traffic jam don't get stressed out as you're getting paid for sitting still 😉😉

Regards

Neal.

Sprintex

I'd second that :)

Not sure what things are like where you are but certainly drivers are in constant short supply in the South and Midlands. Like Neal I did my HGV when I took redundancy, although mine was 20 years ago and it got paid for by BT as part of my release package. Drove for five years to pay the bills until I got an Accountancy job. Then four years ago got made redundant again, no accounts jobs about due to the recession so dust off the old licence and back to trucks again for a while ;) Definitely comes in handy as a 'safety net' - even if sometimes as Neal said the hours aren't the best, in my view a crap job is better than no job :thumbsup:

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations