The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: MikeDunn on February 18, 2015, 07:56:21 PM
Hmmm - not obvious on product part of their web site (read : not there at all as far as I could see), and only on their webshop site (different one), when you go into the actual product to purchase.

However - the non-UK item does clearly say on the icon description "no battery" (at least, it does now ...)and it is fractionally cheaper - was this the one you selected ?

No - I paid the full price (less VAT) and I have since asked them to send the batteries I have paid for to my son's address in Chester as I will be there in April to pick them up.

Bob Tidbury

Hi Tdm I will be going to Ali Pali show and will speak to him about this and if he hasn't changed the website by then I will point this out to him and get him to state clearly that he can't send batteries in the post  . As someone else said lots of stuff comes thought the post with batteries in how do they get away with it.
When you get the batteries please post your views on the sound units.
Bob

JBQFC

oh well feeling good only lasted two weeks
now back to having stomach pains and feeling tired all the time
back to the doctors next week i guess  :censored:

MalcolmInN

Angry ? Not harf !!

Chancellor O. has decided to pay off the war debt cos the interest rate payable on that is 3.5% but he can borrow on the world at considerably less.

So we are asked to send in our certificates, issued sometime in the '14- '18 WW1 period. Ha, heard the one about "they are in a safe place somewhere, , " ?

Anyway, whilst searching boxes and the attic, found several unclaimed interest warrants,
some friends advised the debt still remained so stick 'em into the Bank and insist that they will be honoured.
(indeed some years ago I did put one in that was 16months old ! it was paid, but that was just one)

So I thort I'd do the right thing, say "sorry I forgot these can you do me some new ones" ,
they looked up the records and found some more un-claimed ones and said they would re-issue those as well,
that's good I thort,
£120 thereabouts re-issued, charge for doing so £47 !

Stone the crows !

There would have been more honour in just tearing them up.
Once upon a time the civil servants were paid by us anyway so there was no extra charges for forgetfulness, now it is all privatised and out-sourced and thus we pay for our incompetances :)

Wont do the 'right thing' again in the future :(

Bad Raven

I go to the Doctors today, she takes great care to tell me that the prescription will say take one tablet four times a day.

Then she says but its quite OK to take 2 tablets two times a day.

Note "says"................... could this be plausible deniability!!!!   :hmmm:           YUP!!    :-X
Dave

Tdm

Quote from: Bad Raven on March 03, 2015, 02:05:56 PM
I go to the Doctors today, she takes great care to tell me that the prescription will say take one tablet four times a day.
Note "says"................... could this be plausible deniability!!!!   :hmmm:           YUP!!    :-X

I was once told "...Drink only in Moderation...."

However I have never found an establishment called "Moderation" - so I drink how much of whatever I like wherever I like.!  :D

daveg

Quote from: Tdm on March 03, 2015, 04:25:54 PM

However I have never found an establishment called "Moderation" - so I drink how much of whatever I like wherever I like.!  :D

Kinda goes with the somewhat slurred saying 'I'll be glad when I've had enough of this!'  :beers:

Dave G

Tom U

Fifty years since I read the book, but I think this is (more or less) from H.E. Bates  - My Uncle Silas....Or perhaps it was Bernard Miles....anyway,

"I remember the time old uncle Silas were took bad wi' the pneumonica.  He went to the doctor, and the doctor giv 'im some medcin.  It were writ on the bottle that the medcin were to be took in a recumbernt position.  Weeeell, we didn't 'ave no recumbernt position, so we giv it 'im in an old teacup.  We recon that's what killed im in the end".

Trainfish

Well, what can I say Tdm but you knew someone would find a pub called the Moderation didn't you? Here you go...............

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tdm

Quote from: Trainfish on March 03, 2015, 06:21:42 PM
Well, what can I say Tdm but you knew someone would find a pub called the Moderation didn't you? Here you go...............

Whereabouts is the Pub? You'll be telling me next that there is also one called "The Tea Totaller"!
I remember when I was just a young boy being awarded a certificate from the "Temperance Soceity" for an article I wrote on the "Evils of Alcohol", and just before I left school after finishing my "O" Levels I decided to find out for myself and went to the Pub to celebrate. 

Trainfish

The Moderation is in Hull. Can't find a Teetotaller I'm afraid although we did have a beer in my local a few weeks ago called TEA. It didn't seem right to go to the bar and ask for 2 Teas  ???
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

DesertHound

If you think that's funny John, try finding a pub that sells, and then ask for, a pint of Flowers  ;D yes it does exist!

:-\
Quote from: Trainfish on March 04, 2015, 01:29:35 AM
The Moderation is in Hull. Can't find a Teetotaller I'm afraid although we did have a beer in my local a few weeks ago called TEA. It didn't seem right to go to the bar and ask for 2 Teas  ???
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

railsquid

How about asking for a pint (or 500ml) of Gran Dry?

Quote from: DesertHound on March 04, 2015, 05:09:19 AM
If you think that's funny John, try finding a pub that sells, and then ask for, a pint of Flowers  ;D yes it does exist!

:-
Quote from: Trainfish on March 04, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

Newportnobby

Quote from: DesertHound on March 04, 2015, 05:09:19 AM

I can remember drinking Flowers IPA in my yoof. I didn't know it was still in production :dunce:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations