The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

It's obviously too cold outside for Geoff to go and collect his medication. Geoff, can't a neighbour go for you?  :no:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Geoff

Quote from: Trainfish on February 17, 2015, 11:27:16 AM
It's obviously too cold outside for Geoff to go and collect his medication. Geoff, can't a neighbour go for you?  :no:

Medication which fruitbat did you get off. Sure I never mentioned the pill.

:hmmm:
Geoff

javlinfaw7

Dried frog pills? common medication inthe century of the fruit bat

railsquid

I am angry that there are no fruitbats available in N scale.  :veryangry:

Geoff

Quote from: railsquid on February 17, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

It can be arranged droppings as well.  :P
Geoff

railsquid

Quote from: Geoff on February 17, 2015, 03:34:19 PM
Quote from: railsquid on February 17, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

It can be arranged droppings as well.  :P

OK, so all we need now for a realistic scene are scale models of a) a Celtis occidentalis tree, b) some lumberjacks and c) an angry N-scale modeller.  :hmmm:

Tdm

In case you miss seeing your fruit bats Bealman - below is a picture you can print & keep of a fruit bat tree playing host to a whole colony of the little creatures. In case your wondering where I took the picture, it was in Tonga a couple of years ago.

Bealman

In between crackin' up over the last few posts,  :laughabovepost:

Roger: in the past I have had the stumps grinded which usually does the trick, but the guy couldn't do that this time because of the proximity to the fence, but he assures me that it has been poisoned. Upon inspection I can see a groove has been cut around the perimeter,  which I assume has something to do with the poisoning.

As to the copper nail, I am  currently trying to poison another smaller stump by drilling holes in it and pouring all sorts of stuff into the holes - copper sulphate and turpentine so far - but it seems to be having little effect.

So I'll give your idea a try. Do you hammer the nail into the top surface, or the side of the stump?

Thanks, George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

I understand it is best if you hammer them straight into the trunk George. Make a circle right around the trunk. It has a chemical reaction that stops the sap getting through.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Malc's suggestion should work as I have done the same. I've also poured creosote into slots in the stump which works too.

Myself and 2 friends chopped down the last 2 trees. I suppose you could say we were treefellers that day.

Anyone seen my coat?

EDIT: Please don't make me explain the treefellers comment like I just had to for the wife. Anyway, she's happy with just the one  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Last seen hangin' on a branch line  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

penncalco

Best way to remove stumps is to blow them out with Gelignite, I have a Powder Monkeys licence and have removed plenty of stumps this way.
David

Geoff

Quote from: penncalco on February 18, 2015, 02:31:27 AM
Best way to remove stumps is to blow them out with Gelignite, I have a Powder Monkeys licence and have removed plenty of stumps this way.

No doubt you have a few gunpowder wagons  ::)
Geoff

Tdm

More dissapointed than angry, although a little annoyed also.
After ordering two Train-Tech sound modules, and having them finally arrive tonight, on opening the package found a little note on the enclosed invoice to say no batteries have been included as quote "... it is no longer legal to ship lithium cells outside of the U.K.....".

So I am out of pocket 2 batteries and have to see if I can acquire some from somewhere local if I can.

It would have been nice to have been told this when I made the order, or in a follow up email,
so beware any of you "foreigners" like me who don't reside in the U.K., if you wish to order Train-Techs sound modules they will be shipped minus the batteries they need.

It does also say on the note that they make this clear on the product pages of the Website - but who reads all the small print - I didn't spot it.

Instead of having a go at a temporary fitting of one of the sound modules tomorrow, I am now having to find out if and where I get these batteries from in Tenerife.

Also begs the question aren't there many other electric goods exported from the U.K. with lithium batteries in them, and what happens to them?

MikeDunn

Hmmm - not obvious on product part of their web site (read : not there at all as far as I could see), and only on their webshop site (different one), when you go into the actual product to purchase.

However - the non-UK item does clearly say on the icon description "no battery" (at least, it does now ...)and it is fractionally cheaper - was this the one you selected ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations