The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Not angry now, but posting as have calmed down and not likely to post any unacceptable words or phrases...

Went to the Post Office on New Years' Eve to post off a package containing a couple of GUVs to a fellow member on the Facebook N'Porium group.

At 14:20, asked to send off package 1st Class, Signed For and was informed 'You know that last post has gone, don't you?' My reply (forcefully) 'No!'. Got them to send it off, and declined to pay for Guaranteed Delivery, which would get there 'on Monday'. My point that 1st Class in Friday's post should get there Saturday was roundly talked down and was informed that the quickest and only way to get parcel to its destination on Monday was to use 'Guaranteed Delivery' - at extra cost, of course!

On Saturday, had a PM from recipient saying that package had arrived safely.

So after being subjected to a bit of misleading information and attempted extortion on behalf of the Royal Mail, is it any wonder that I am looking for other means of sending parcels to people...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

jonclox

>:( Forum sites that keep going down for maintenance just after Ive started drafting a new thread.
Lost one thread twice today between drafting and posting.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Blillpers

Sweden's post services. Having a package sent from a Swedish model railway store to me takes twice the time it takes to have stuff from England delivered. Also, for some godforsaken reason the main Swedish supplier of model railway stuff is located as far north as it is humanly possible to get in this country, which makes deliveries even slower. Hopefully my Swedish stuff (ordered last thursday) and my things from Hatton's (ordered yesterday) should both arrive tomorrow.
A Swede building a British model railway - please excuse any grammar mistakes as english isn't my native language!

scotsoft

Quote from: jonclox on January 06, 2015, 04:20:35 PM
>:( Forum sites that keep going down for maintenance just after Ive started drafting a new thread.
Lost one thread twice today between drafting and posting.

In that case we should expect a composition of perfection worthy of a Booker nomination  :D

If I am going to be typing a lengthy tomb, I usually type it out in Word.  Then when satisfied with my efforts, I cut and paste it  :thumbsup:

:NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

MikeDunn

Kenwood & Amazon "customer care"  :veryangry:

Just before Christmas, SWMBO's KMix failed (16 month old) - nothing at all happening when the power is turned on ...  Checked with Amazon - "you've had it too long, :censored: off" was the reply (well, maybe more polite, but that's what they meant ...)  and then emailed Kenwood (as they don't like giving out a Customer Support phone number) - "we might look at your mail in 5 working days" came back ...  So - one annoyed SWMBO not having her KMix to help out for Christmas !

New Year comes, as does an email from Kenwood - "we still haven't bothered reading your mail, maybe in another week or so" ...  :censored: that, I said, & I hunted a number !  No answer ... ...

So yesterday I told SWMBO to call the buggers early, and we got through (eventually ...).  "Oh not heard of that one before ... but because you bought through Amazon & not somewhere like John Lewis, we only give 12 months instead of 5 years" ...  :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

:censored: this, says I & calls Which!; one of their legal bods calls back a few minutes later, & we now have a registered letter off to Amazon telling them they are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act with a registered copy off to the credit card company, telling them we hold them jointly liable !

We'll see what comes out ...  All we want is the  :censored: thing fixed !!!

Bealman

Love all the Christmas cheer. Isn't it great it's all done with!

We've got all the back to school ads in the junk mail here, (being summer hols).... doesn't bother me but it sure as heck gets Mrs B annoyed as she still teaches full time.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Not sure, but I reckon Mike's post qualifies as the one with the most red smilies ever to grace the Angry Thread :laugh:

MikeDunn

WOO HOO !!!  :D

Oops, sorry - that should be in the Happy Thread   ::)

Trainfish

I Sky plussed that programme called "Too fat to work" and watched it earlier. I wish I hadn't as it has made me very angry! I haven't worked for almost 3 months now due to only being on short term contracts previously. I have applied for dozens of jobs but have been unsuccessful so far. I have claimed Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) during this time but have been told this will end after 3 months and I can claim nothing as my wife works. I have a mortgage, bills etc and don't expect those to be paid for me but after working for more than 30 years I feel the government could help a little by continuing to pay JSA especially as I can prove I have looked for, applied for, been interviewed for jobs etc. How is it that if I lived in social housing or was single and had never worked they would pay my rent and various other things for me? I will get absolutely nothing from February if I am still unemployed. The system is definitely very wrong when this clinically obese pair don't/won't work and can afford to live like they do!
Rant over for now.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

I agree with you Trainfish 8 years ago I was stitched up by someone at work I was given tasks to do which were beyond my job description and above my capability it was to do with computers any way I got the push .
I filled in all the forms and went to Job seekers ,the first week I received the grand sum of £52-14 During that week I found and was accepted in a new job I went back to the job Center to tell them I was starting a new job next week and was told I would get a letter in the post ,when it arrived they wanted the £52-14 back I was so angry I actually wrote  :censored: across the form and sent it back. Never heard another word now I get my state pension in full which I'm entitled to having worked since I left school at 16 .
How is it as you say that some lazy  :censored: who don't won't work are getting everything for free I think they should be made to clean the streets ,wash graphiti of walls and pick up chewing gum of the paths Etc it makes my blood boil when decent honest people get treated so bad and skivers get every thing. rant over I hope you get sorted in a new job soon good luck.
Bob

Geoff

There is something seriously wrong with the system, I have worked all my life and I am not on a good wage, I have not had a wage rise now for over 5 years, yet these people get £2k a month for doing nothing they get £650 a month more than I get, and if I go sick I would have to pay out of my own coffers so I am unable to go sick. I will be unable to retire when I am 65 and will need to work until I am 70, never had a government job so maybe went down the wrong lines, my private pension will pay a pittance of about £200 per month.  :veryangry:

Maybe I should just pack it all in and live on the state.
Geoff

Agrippa

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on January 08, 2015, 09:36:54 AM
How is it as you say that some lazy  :censored: who don't won't work are getting everything for free I think they should be made to clean the streets ,wash graphiti of walls and pick up chewing gum of the paths
Bob

The reason this doesn't happen , (though it may in some places ) is probably
because these people would require supervision, phone a sickie every day,
not go out in the rain, invoke human rights about degrading work etc  .
Perhaps if we adopted a Jap type system, no work - no eat  things would
change.

Re jobcentres these are a waste of space, when I was made redundant from my
job as an accountant a few years ago I went to the jobcentre, where  I was
interviewed. On learning my previous job the clerk did the sharp intake of breath
as if I was an unemployed astronaut or brain surgeon.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trainfish

Yes, jobcentres are a waste of time unless you want to stack shelves in Tesco. Unfortunately to receive your £72 per week you have to go there and prove you are looking for work. By the way there's nothing wrong with stacking shelves in Tesco if that's all you want/need to do. All of my leads come via employment agencies and I've just been invited for another interview on Monday  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Oldun

You could try what my son did. He'd be out of work for some time, he started claiming benefits but quickly became disillusioned with the
job centres, asked my wife and I if we could support him (he lives with us) and we agreed & he signed off.

Getting to the point, he fired off an email at about 1.40am on a Sunday morning to Gillingham Marina asking if they had any vacancies.
He received a reply asking him to 'pop in' on the following Tuesday afternoon for a chat. Apart from antifouling (really messy job) members
boats at the local yacht club he's had no experience or training. He started work the following Monday @ £6.50 per hour. So far, any job he's
been asked to do he has used common sense and only once or twice shown a different way. He's just started his second year and is now earning
£12.50 per hour.
All in all as he say's 'not bad for an email and no training or qualifications'  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Just goes to show that the jobs are out there, all you need do is ask :thumbsup:

Wishing you all the best in your search for employment.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations