The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr bachmann

on about speakers and music , had the garage doors open and music at a comfortable level ( :D ) , when the lass over street remarked "it wouldn't be bad if you had the right singer's " ,

by the way it was Heartbeat by Buddy Holly  ,  she must have thought Nick Berry had the hit song !

Kipper

Managed to get the tv to switch AV inputs from basic aerial to Panasonic dvd/video box (get a better picture as it "enhances"), and can now use the box remote , which has it all on board. Will return the new remote to Argos and get my pennies back.

Newportnobby

Result!

Tell 'em it wasn't fit for purpose or they may try and fob you off with a credit note :uneasy:

Caz

Finally managed to get my automatic uncoupling sequences to work perfectly in Train Controller that allow the loco to uncouple and toddle off to the turntable, turn and shed itself all automatically and then my Fleischmann 9152 turntable decided to stop working.   :veryangry:   :censored:

Been working perfectly for a couple of years and just died, taken the bridge off and had a quick look, can't see anything obvious, anyone any ideas? 
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

Check for loose wires first Caz, before you start dismantling anything. Then check the power supply is still working.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: austinbob on December 12, 2014, 07:16:42 PM
Quote from: longbridge on December 12, 2014, 07:10:01 PM
As an old HiFi buff  since the 1960s its nice to hear that I am not the only one listening to stereo, I am a miserable old git

Absolutely spot on.  makes the Telly sound like it isn't covered in cotton wool and buried in a cardboard box.

Spot on, agree with you both (including the old git bit ! :) )

There was a time when one could build a tuner to pick off the FM audio
either from the on-air multipexed signal (needed a pretty stable LO ) or from the  6MHz sub-carrier at the baseband dectector,
and feed it into one's hifi system,  ,
( not only could you hear David A's commentary, you could hear the sound of the camera man's boots in the grass :) )
Sadly long gone after the switch-off to digital :(

Agrippa

This is beginning to sound like pages from Practical Wireless. I don't know if they still do it ,
bit when a ham died they had a column headed "Silent Keys" followed by Joe Croak
G5X32 is dead. Always thought it was a bit daft.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Agrippa on December 22, 2014, 12:30:53 AM
Practical Wireless.
I don't know if they still do it

bit when a ham
"Silent Keys"

You mean Practically Witless.
There were no 'Hams' in England ( or Britain for that matter, maybe even the Empire, only in that ex-colony over the pond)
Keys was a term of respect,  is a ref. to real amateur radio wot used Morse code and CW, , ,  even if the dead op. only ever used phone !

Agrippa

Tony Hancock was a ham and he lived in Railway Cuttings , East Cheam!

Broadsword signing off!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Agrippa on December 22, 2014, 08:40:44 AM
Tony Hancock was a ham and he lived in Railway Cuttings , East Cheam!

Broadsword signing off!

Thanks Danny Boy ;D

Malc

Quote from: Agrippa on December 22, 2014, 12:30:53 AM
This is beginning to sound like pages from Practical Wireless. I don't know if they still do it ,
bit when a ham died they had a column headed "Silent Keys" followed by Joe Croak
G5X32 is dead. Always thought it was a bit daft.
The Radio Society of Great Britain publish a mag called Radcom. They publish the Silent Key list. I check it once in a while to make sure I'm not in it!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Agrippa

Maybe a need for dead rail modellers list, silent sidings or
hit the buffers... :D

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Or as could be seen on the side of a loco/coach/wagon:

Withdrawn from service
Condemned
To be cut up
Do not move
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations