The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: Tdm on May 14, 2014, 02:20:13 PM
More frustrated and annoyed than angry.

Most of my model rail purchases I make through Hattons and have no problems, however they don't always have in stock what I want so I look to other suppliers.

When I checked Osborns for what I wanted they do have everything in stock that I am currently looking for so I put what I wanted into my basket with them. However when I come to complete the order they don't list Tenerife nor the Canary Islands in their list of Countries needed to calculate the zero VAT rate, and I remember that I had a similar problem the last time I ordered from them back in February.
Had to resolve the problem then over the phone and they said they would update their Website to include the Canaries in future, but they haven't. Sent them an email over the latest problem more than a day ago, but still not had a reply (by either email or phone).

Since last September I have spent a considerable amount of money on my first N gauge layout, but it seems some suppliers make it difficult to place an order from a foreign Country whilst with others it is easy.

If Osborns don't want my business I shall go elsewhere for all future purchases.
I am probably the only one on here who lives in the Canaries, so I doubt if anyone else has such a problem. Spain has totally different Tax & VAT rates so it is no good me selecting Spain as my Country of residence.

Just like to say that Osborns sorted out the problem after a couple of days, and the Canary Isles now appears on their list of Countries to tick. Was then able to complete my order and just waiting to see how long it will take to arrive.
Nice to have at least one alternative major supplier I can use for deliveries to Tenerife.

Newportnobby

Good to know they listened to you and sorted the issue, Terry :thumbsup:
Guess it wouldn't hurt to send an order now and then so they think it was worth while :hmmm:

Tank

Great news!  Good to hear that they listen to their customers.  :)

Newportnobby

What a waste of telly time for the FA Cup Final today >:(
Granted I'm no great footie fan and really don't care who wins but, as kick off is 17.00, do we really need the coverage to start at 15.00 so bumbling Adrian Chiles gets his 2 hours worth in before the game.
It's bad enough the schedules are packed with repeats ::)

Agrippa

NN please don't mention Adrian Chiles without giving a warning in advance.

When I see that big puddin face I just want to boot the telly. How genuine footballers
can sit beside that waffling buffoon is a mystery. Possibly a pundit's fee of ££££££ helps.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on May 17, 2014, 12:45:04 PM
What a waste of telly time for the FA Cup Final today >:(
Granted I'm no great footie fan and really don't care who wins but, as kick off is 17.00, do we really need the coverage to start at 15.00 so bumbling Adrian Chiles gets his 2 hours worth in before the game.

Glad you pointed the start time out. After just finishing playing snooker this morning I am off upstairs to play with trains as I didn't win a game today and need something to make me happy again.
Was going to come down at 3pm to watch the Final (I like football), but if kick-off is not till 5pm I can do more work on my layout than I thought I had time for.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on May 17, 2014, 12:45:04 PM

I'm quite glad about that bit at the moment - Dr Who on the Horror Channel and next week ends with Planet of the Spiders

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Greybeema

Missed the FA Cup final - I was at the RaboPro12 Semi final.  Leinster vs Ulster.  Tough game with huge physicality. 

Brian O'Driscoll arguing to be allowed to stay on after be knocked cold.  Unlike those mamby pamby soccer players who fall like they have been shot and scream in agony when another player is within 5 yards of them...

BTW The mighty Leinster won...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Greybeema on May 18, 2014, 09:21:41 AM
cold.  Unlike those mamby pamby soccer players who fall like they have been shot and scream in agony when another player is within 5 yards of them...

Football: 22 men on a field pretending it hurts
Rugby: 30 men on a field pretending it doesnt
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davieb

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 18, 2014, 01:29:21 PM
Quote from: Greybeema on May 18, 2014, 09:21:41 AM
cold.  Unlike those mamby pamby soccer players who fall like they have been shot and scream in agony when another player is within 5 yards of them...

Rugby: 30 men on a field pretending it doesnt

Should that not read 
Rugby: 26 men on a field pretending it doesn't  ;)  :smiley-laughing:

dave  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

. . . and that one should read "Football: 22 overpaid jessies chasing a bag of air round a field" :D

Paul

Bikeracer

Quote from: Sprintex on May 18, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

. . . and that one should read "Football: 22 overpaid jessies chasing a bag of air round a field" :D

Paul

And that one should read "22 overpaid jessies chasing a bag of air round a field and trying to kick it between two sticks" :D
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Jerry Howlett

Can't believe it one year after arriving at our house, and the lovely rescue dog SUGHERO (12 years old and blind in one eye) started vomiting this morning at 2:00 am and died in my arms at about 6:00 just as our neighbour, who is a vet arrived.

With Mrs "H" up for her breast cancer surgery on Tuesday , I guess its not the best month!!!

Oh thats Sughero on the sofa NOT Mrs "H".
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Oldun

Commiserations, I know how you feel having lost one of my two dogs last week.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

kevin141

Sorry to hear this lost my springer two weeks ago to the big C
kevin141
Good dinner

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations