The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

Right... I like the boat race. It's sport. With boats. And racing.
But coverage started at half four, and the race started at 5 to 6....  :-X
Do we really need to spend an hour and a half hearing how rowers not only get up early to train hard, they also study hard as they are students...
And how drunk people watching the race are drunk and watching the race?
This obsession with back stories and asking everyone how they feel every two minutes  :veryangry:

Agrippa

Most of the coverage of these big sporting events consists of huge amounts
of pap to fill in the time, just wait till the world cup when they interview the fans
in the streets and campsites etc.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

EtchedPixels

I check the kick-off times for the rugby these days because we get so much "infill" for some of the games. The half time ten minute pontification is my loo break and email checking time 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Kipper

You have to give "Baldy" plenty of air time, as she is soooo good and better than everyone else, and knows thousands of sports and can comment on all of them. And if she is stuck for something to say, she can always interview a drunk!

Luke Piewalker

I suppose at least there was no Gary Richardson...

And another thing, after me vowing not to by anymore Farish Covered Hoppers, so chap puts two great big wodges of them on ebay  :-[

Oldun

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on April 06, 2014, 09:25:15 PM
And another thing, after me vowing not to by anymore Farish Covered Hoppers, so chap puts two great big wodges of them on ebay :-[

:goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: You will resist the urge, You will resist the urge, You will resi-- :sleep: :sleep:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Agrippa

Quote from: Kipper on April 06, 2014, 07:46:00 PM
You have to give "Baldy" plenty of air time, as she is soooo good and better than everyo else, and knows thousands of sports and can comment on all of them. And if she is stuck for something to say, she can always interview a drunk!

Is that the big dame  with the chin like Desperate Dan ? She make Adrian Chiles and Mark Lawrenson
look interesting and that's some feat! And  I'd sooner watch Eamonn Holmes than that pair.

Trainfish

How come Oxford and Cambridge always reach the final anyway, is it fixed?  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

That'll be a 'Yes' then.

And why is there only one Monopolies Commission :confused2:

Bealman

Looking at my "Beezer Book for Boys and Girls" 1961 annual, in between Baby Crockett, Pop Dick & Harry, The Banana Bunch, Colonel Blink, Ginger and Calamity Jane adventures, it informs me that in 1912, Cambridge were swamped at Harrod's, and Oxford sank at Chiswick Eyot.

In 1952 Oxford battled through a blinding snowstorm to win by nine feet, and the only dead heat on record was in 1877.

:D Smart so-and-so aren't I.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldun

Quote from: Bealman on April 07, 2014, 04:14:33 AM

:uneasy: Not really, it just shows you can :read:

:goodbye:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Malc

Quote from: Bealman on April 07, 2014, 04:14:33 AM
it informs me that in 1912, Cambridge were swamped at Harrod's, and Oxford sank at Chiswick Eyot.

In 1952 Oxford battled through a blinding snowstorm to win by nine feet, and the only dead heat on record was in 1877.

I assume they were by Harrod's Depository, rather than rowing through Knightsbridge, otherwise they were in real trouble.  :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Malc, I'm just readin' me 1961 Beezer annual, mate.

When I was in Knightsbridge last August, well.... stay tuned to me travelogue....  :thumbsup:

But after reconsulting the Beezer annual, you are indeed correct. Harrod's Depository. Sorry!  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bikeracer

Why is it when you phone any organisation  they start reading internet links that you need to visit,how the hell do they think that you can remember all that and the forward slash and dot bits in it.

Sometimes the recorded message is so long I forget what I've been told anyway.

With all the unemployment it would help if people were actually employed to answer phones.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Agrippa

When I phone one of these organisations (usually get this is being recorded for training guff )
I often just press a button eg2 and get through to a speaking human, they then say something like
this is  the wrong section , they transfer you and I get through to the humanoid I wanted.

Most of these places are a real pain in  the butt and you end up going round in circles especially
when the internet link doesn' t have a section to deal with your query/problem, or all our lines are busy and the muzak starts playing... :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations