The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Bealman on July 22, 2013, 11:58:09 PM

Hey Jerry - what'd yer have for dinner that night in Paris and Rome? :D Sorry, not really funny, I know.  :thumbsup:

Frogs legs AND Pasta!

Bet the bu***rs ate better than I did.  My main concern was did I leave a tip ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Thought about suggesting both when I posted that but wasn't sure of yer tastes.  ;D :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Bealman on July 23, 2013, 01:02:18 PM
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Thought about suggesting both when I posted that but wasn't sure of yer tastes.  ;D :thumbsup:

After 8 years living in Italy I will nowadays sell the family silver lead (or the dogs leads)..  for a curry, chinese, mexican or anything that originates from outside of this lovely ( I mean that bit) country.

Italians restaurants around here all tend to cook LOCAL and I mean LOCAL foods.

Still love em especially the E10 lunches 2 courses  half litre wine, water and coffee included.

Sorry MOVE THIS TO HAPPY THREAD !!!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

No need to, buddy.... you just cheered up the angry thread!  ;D

Hey -  I lurve Mexican, but it sounds like your local diet is fine. Let's get angry again..... I'm jealous! All I get here is half a kangaroo patty and that's if I'm lucky  ;)

Pengi

A water meter was compulsorily fitted and about 1/2 hour later found water (which I'm now paying for) was pouring out of an overflow :o. Apparently this is fairly commonplace as crud can get into the system from the fitting of the meter and it was upsetting a valve in the downstairs loo. Then discovered that the central heating was stuck on :sweat: - even though it was switched off. Initially, I didn't notice it because it was so hot outside. Luckily it was only one radiator but still had to have something to do with the time-switch replaced.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

deltic 187a

You mean you have a downstairs loo as well as an upstairs one - we just have a privy at the bottom of the garden. water meter - whats one of those??, we have to wind a bucket down a well ( try metering that Anglian water..... !! ).
Mind you here in Grimsby we don't have electricity yet, just gas - we don't have positive and negative - just in and out......plays havoc with the layout..................... >:(
farish Poole - J94, pannier, 101 DMU, Cl33, cl08.
Minitrix - 2 warships, cl27, A4
Kato - weird centre cab orange loco -JNR DD-51
Tomix - little 060 shunter

Oldman

We have had a water meter for many years and found you soon adjust, showers instead of baths and more economical use of the washing machine- short cycle eco washes.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

And turn the tap off while brushing your teeth. And get some water butts for watering the garden etc, not for brushing your teeth  :D

We've had a water meter for around 6 years now. We pay £15.50 per month instead of around £25 for a 3 bed house with 2 adults and 2 cats.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

ozzie Bill.

we don't get a choice re water meters and now they've also "allowed us" to have smart electricity meters so we get charged more for peak usage. that's all fine except they didn't tell us they'd fitted the smart meter, so our last bill was double!! great lesson learnt though, haha. cheers, Bill.

Bealman

Cost of utilities here in Oz is spiralling out of control. The esteemed publisher-in-chief of the uber-cool (well I think it is) Aussie electronics mag Silicon Chip is always going on about it.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bealman on July 24, 2013, 04:46:11 AM
Cost of utilities here in Oz is spiralling out of control.

I can believe that for water - I'd have thought electricity ought to be cheap though given the amount of space you've got for massive solar farms ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Something called politics gets in the way  :uneasy:

deltic 187a

Quote from: Trainfish on July 24, 2013, 01:16:46 AM
And turn the tap off while brushing your teeth. And get some water butts for watering the garden etc, not for brushing your teeth  :D

We've had a water meter for around 6 years now. We pay £15.50 per month instead of around £25 for a 3 bed house with 2 adults and 2 cats.

Good heavens above....... we pay £68 per month unmetered, time to look into getting one fitted methinks !!
farish Poole - J94, pannier, 101 DMU, Cl33, cl08.
Minitrix - 2 warships, cl27, A4
Kato - weird centre cab orange loco -JNR DD-51
Tomix - little 060 shunter

Trainfish

I can't say I've ever seen a mansion in Grimsby but it looks like you're paying for one. We don't even pay £68 per month for gas never mind water.
Most places will let you have a water meter fitted with an option to revert back to unmetered in the first 12 months so that may be worth looking at. According to THIS PAGE you are an above average user with 4/5 people living in the property. Even if this is the case I would seriously look at having a meter fitted.

Ps, I'm guessing you're in the Anglian Water area and if you are they say you have 2 years to switch back if you want to.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bealman on July 25, 2013, 12:46:27 AM
Something called politics gets in the way  :uneasy:

Ah.. ok

and I thought you had all those spare cricket pitches you could re-purpose  :laugh:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations