The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

Beer / Lager with added fruit / chocolate flavours...

Leave it alone...there is a good reason it has been brewed for centuries and no one added fruit or anything else...'coz it's is pretty much the perfect refreshment!

You want fruit...drink cider!

:thumbsdown:
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

EtchedPixels

But you make fruit beer out of the stuff that would otherwise be undrinkably bad, that was the idea anyway.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

lionwing

Not one of their better ideas I'd suggest!   :hmmm:

...and another thing...the contestants on The Apprentice....they need  :help:

:beers:
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Bealman

I have an old book on home brewing with a recipe for nettle ale if anyone's interested...
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

moogle

Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 10:51:26 PM
I have an old book on home brewing with a recipe for nettle ale if anyone's interested...

Would that be stinging nettle ale? I've heard it has quite a bite to it!  :laugh:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Bealman

Actually it was... I might go and see if I can dig that book out, later. Mind you, I bet it would taste just like you'd expect - nettles. It's funny, I tried kangaroo meat in a restaurant once, and though I'd never had it before, it tasted just like I imagined a kangaroo would.... kangaroo.

Reading that back, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I've never had it again, put it that way.  :bounce: Skippy, Skippy....

moogle

I know what you mean. I made some wine once from apple juice, the not from concentrate type.
And it tasted like....

....apple juice. Just rather alcoholic apple juice!  :beers:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Bealman

Reminds me of me 21st which I spent at a campsite near Cheddar Gorge. Spent the night drinking what I believe were called 'Jackboots' which were a mixture of Guinness and Scrumpy cider. Boy did that lift me lid off. I think I ended up sitting on top of a Belisha beacon!  :sick2:

scotsoft

Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 11:59:35 PM
Reminds me of me 21st which I spent at a campsite near Cheddar Gorge. Spent the night drinking what I believe were called 'Jackboots' which were a mixture of Guinness and Scrumpy cider. Boy did that lift me lid off. I think I ended up sitting on top of a Belisha beacon!  :sick2:

I think that is also called Black Velvet  :pint: :beers:

Bealman

Nothing velvety about the stuff I was drinkin' that night. The Scrumpy had great lumps of apple in it!  :beers:

daveg

Looks like this thread is brewing into the Happy version!

Dave G

surfaceman

Quote from: scotsoft on May 29, 2013, 12:01:59 AM
Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 11:59:35 PM

I think that is also called Black Velvet  :pint: :beers:

Real "black velvet" is a mix of stout & champagne ... apparantly it was the favourite tipple of Chancellor Bismarck!

Alex

EtchedPixels

Guinness and lime - possibly the most foul drink on the planet. It exists solely to fool people into trying it 8)

Guiness and soda is funny too if the bar staff are not on their toes. The bubbles are generated faster than they can leave the guinness so if you just pour badness happens  :beers:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Greybeema

If you are ever in Dublin - you should of course visit the Guiness Store House in St James Gate.  It is Guinness' brewery.  After the walk around the interactive - his is the history, this is now we make it, tour you get to go to the top of the hop store and sample the goods. 

If you are a Guinness connoisseur - you will love your pint (better than the Guinness you get in ol' Blighty) but the real entertainment is watching our "cousins from across the pond" takinf their first sip and hating it (the faces they pull are the entertainment)...  Unfortunately they then lash Blackcurrent juice in it to sweaten it (The second face they pull is almost as entertaining as the first).... 

So there are loads on pints left on the bar with a pink kiss in the middle of the head and two sips missing.  What a waste...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Newportnobby

Guinness in England has never been as good as the 'Mothers Milk' in the Republic IMHO but I hate the way they chill it down like lager. Last time I was in Ireland I'd ask for a bottle from the shelf to be poured into the glass first before topping it up with the chilled rubbish. In Dingle I have even had microwaved Guinness from an understanding landlord :D

When can we get back to being angry? >:(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations