The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on May 27, 2013, 03:16:31 PM
Why do dog lovers chuck their pets out in the rain and then leave them out there barking for hours? It wouldn't be so bad, but once one starts it seems the whole area turns into Battersea Dogs Home :veryangry:

Not here, our dogs hate going out in the rain. :thumbsup:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

Not here either, we haven't got a dog.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Quote from: Trainfish on May 27, 2013, 04:34:01 PM

Mick knows where there are some going spare :)

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on May 27, 2013, 04:38:00 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on May 27, 2013, 04:34:01 PM

Mick knows where there are some going spare :)

Dave G

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Trainfish

We've got 2 cats though which is quite lucky as I was able to ask 1 earlier to catch a mouse which was hiding behind the cupboard. It would have been a lot harder to catch if we didn't have a cat. Or 2.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Paul B

Quote from: Trainfish on May 27, 2013, 04:43:01 PM
We've got 2 cats though which is quite lucky as I was able to ask 1 earlier to catch a mouse which was hiding behind the cupboard. It would have been a lot harder to catch if we didn't have a cat. Or 2.

Not too sure about that - where I used to live I had two cats, and one of them used to like bringing in mice still alive (presume it was to show me how clever he was?) but of course, if I didn't hear him trying to meow through a mouthful of mouse, he would lose interest and just let them go in the kitchen...  :o Trying to take the cooker apart at midnight because a mouse has got inside it is no fun!  :worried: At least the other cat I had liked catching them and killing them - and didn't mind being put outside with them to 'dispose' of them however he wanted!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

guest311

Quote from: newportnobby on May 27, 2013, 03:16:31 PM
Why do dog lovers chuck their pets out in the rain and then leave them out there barking for hours? It wouldn't be so bad, but once one starts it seems the whole area turns into Battersea Dogs Home :veryangry:

dog lovers don't, they walk them rain or shine.

it's the idle sods who just chuck them out, like the ones who don't clean up after them, or the weird ones we have around here who bag, then leave the bags all over the fields and paths, presumably for the dog-poo fairy to collect  :veryangry:

thebrighton

Quote from: class37025 on May 27, 2013, 07:26:29 PM

it's the idle sods who just chuck them out, like the ones who don't clean up after them, or the weird ones we have around here who bag, then leave the bags all over the fields and paths, presumably for the dog-poo fairy to collect

Same round where I live. They go to the trouble of picking it up and bagging it but then just throw it in the hedge! Being a postie though I've seen worse. Its those people who take it home and leave it by their front door. At a couple of addresses there must be 2 or 3 weeks worth piling up. Lovely now it's getting warm.
Gareth

Bikeracer

I had some new turf laid last year and during the early part of this year some ar***ole let their dog roam free to crap a big pile on it.I removed it as soon as I saw it but I now have a dead patch about the size of a tennis ball.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Bealman

All I can say is that the dogs around where I live must have good hearing, 'cos every time the ones near NPN start up, so do ours!  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bikeracer on May 27, 2013, 09:46:08 PM
I had some new turf laid last year and during the early part of this year some ar***ole let their dog roam free to crap a big pile on it.I removed it as soon as I saw it but I now have a dead patch about the size of a tennis ball.
A female dog (changed by forum) ... literally  ;)  There's something in their pee that turns the grass brown ...  You probably had a double-dose off her !

The solution - cut the patch out & re-seed or re-turf that section (as it's small, I'd re-seed mixed with compost).  Oh, & get a fence  :P

Mike

Christina

Ugh, waiting for items that tracking info says has left the office and is on it's way to me, but the royal mail van has just been past :(

Bealman

I have a simple solution to lawn problems. I especially hate mowing grass (here in Oz it comes up as quick as weeds, no matter how much dogs pee on it).

Easy.

Pour a couple of bottles of Victoria Bitter all over it (you folk could substitute Newcastle Brown Ale).....

and.... IT COMES UP HALF CUT!!!!!  :D

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 12:18:23 PM
Pour a couple of bottles of Victoria Bitter all over it (you folk could substitute Newcastle Brown Ale).....
Dog isn't Dog anymore ... not even brewed in Newcastle ...

Bealman

Yes, so I understand.  :'( But, as me old Dad used to say, there's no such thing as bad beer.... well, he got that wrong. If he was alive today, I could assure him that there is.....  :D actually, several.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations