The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on November 21, 2012, 11:11:22 AM

:'( I shudder to think what little gems of scrap material are vanishing into the scrap sack and going out for the binmen  :'( :'( :'(

Probably everything you were keeping in that 'safe' place :doh:

longbridge

Quote from: jonclox on November 21, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
:worried: :doh:
Oh heck! Mrs JC has got fed up with the railway room being used just for storage over the last few months that she has set about
" Tidying it up" and not waiting till my breathing etc is good enough to start "playing trains" again.
:'( I shudder to think what little gems of scrap material are vanishing into the scrap sack and going out for the binmen  :'( :'( :'(

Oh dear thats no good, thank goodness I am a shed dweller  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Just to show it's not only the ladies who like a good chomp on chocolate, I have noticed that whereas a well known supermarket used to sell a 230g bar of Cadburys for £1.97, they are charging the same price now for a 200g bar :censored:
One of them obviously thinks we're all stupid. There's nothing like a little 'back door' price increase. Grrrrrr!
(Chomp, Chomp)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on December 04, 2012, 09:52:31 PM
One of them obviously thinks we're all stupid. There's nothing like a little 'back door' price increase. Grrrrrr!
(Chomp, Chomp)

I like the excuse for shrinking them all the chocolate companies have been using. Apparently its a 'healthy eating' change. I guess we should be glad it didn't turn into Galaxy Sprout ...
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Skyline2uk

Nobby, this sort of thing is almost as annoying as the seemingly new thing at Supermarkets of offering so called "special offers".

Example last week at the local big store starting with T:

6 finest sausages = £3.46 or on special 2 packets for £5.00.
Below that, packet of 12 of the same sausages for £4.56

:confused1:

I grow weary of standing their with my phone calculator working out if i am being taken for a mug!
Ok the sausages one didn't need a calculator, but some weight based offers fry my mind!

Lawrence

My daughter moved in to her own flat last year and we still meet up every week to go food shopping, I am pleased to say I have taught her well, she can work out the bargains quicker than me now.  Her favourite thing is to use the shop scales to weigh pre packed stuff, tomatoes etc, does a quick bit of mental arithmetic to see how they stack up with the loose ones.  Every pound is a prisoner these days unfortunately  :(

scotsoft

Quote from: Lawrence on December 05, 2012, 09:51:54 AM
My daughter moved in to her own flat last year and we still meet up every week to go food shopping, I am pleased to say I have taught her well, she can work out the bargains quicker than me now.  Her favourite thing is to use the shop scales to weigh pre packed stuff, tomatoes etc, does a quick bit of mental arithmetic to see how they stack up with the loose ones.  Every pound is a prisoner these days unfortunately  :(

We had the devil in disguise for a maths teacher, he was despised by every pupil but at least we all came away being able to do mental arithmetic.  So the supermarket deals are a dawdle for me and I often point out to other shoppers going for "the special offer" the cheaper option on the shelf below.

I also usually solve the numbers game on Countdown before the clock is set off, however I am useless at the word part  :doh:

AndyGif

Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2012, 10:03:03 AM
I also usually solve the numbers game on Countdown before the clock is set off, however I am useless at the word part  :doh:
will have to change you nick to rainman and make sure your at home to watch wopner...... :beers:

scotsoft

Quote from: AndyGif on December 05, 2012, 10:14:20 AM
will have to change you nick to rainman and make sure your at home to watch wopner...... :beers:

wopner  ???

I managed to get npower but apart from that you have lost me  :hmmm:

Greybeema

Have that same Supermarket begining with T here.:-

Things to watch out for -

• The price per Litre or KG is in small print on the self label - but always makes more interesting reading.

Watch out for the big yellow "Price" label which if you read it closely tells you how much you will save NOT how much you will pay...

And YES we to have the shrinking packet syndrome.  Price stays the same but size reduces.....
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

AndyGif

Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2012, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: AndyGif on December 05, 2012, 10:14:20 AM

wopner  ???

I managed to get npower but apart from that you have lost me  :hmmm:
you've not seen the film then... or atleast not payed any attention to whats going on during the road trip.

and npower is not a valid countdown word...

scotsoft

Quote from: AndyGif on December 05, 2012, 11:19:23 AM
you've not seen the film then... or atleast not payed any attention to whats going on during the road trip.

I never go to the cinema and don't have any movie channels so I don't know what film you are making reference to  :confused2:

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2012, 12:00:06 PM
Quote from: AndyGif on December 05, 2012, 11:19:23 AM

I never go to the cinema and don't have any movie channels so I don't know what film you are making reference to  :confused2:

Hi John,

An excellent film - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Man

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on December 05, 2012, 12:53:53 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on December 05, 2012, 12:00:06 PM

Hi John,
An excellent film - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Man

Thanks Mick,

I have seen the film Rainman on tv, but it is this "wopner" I have no idea about.

polo2k

From a quick google, Wapner is the judge in Rain man.. alegedly
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%