Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hightower

Ordered myself one. Although I've only been on the forum a small part of the 10 years, it's been a constant source of inspiration and advice, so can't wait to get the wagon on my layout.

Papyrus

Sorry, but £22.95 overseas postage seems to be verging on a rip-off. According to the Royal Mail website, a small parcel to, say, Japan is only about a fiver. It would be cheaper if they sent to a UK address and one of us forwarded it on. How hard can it be?

Leaving that aside, my order's in! Good work @Tank !

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Just had a quick look through the posts since @Tank announced that the models were available - over half of the 'first batch' gone!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

Ive ordered one. I.share papyrus thoughts and @railsquid may like to ask or anybody else abroad if any kind soul can support .

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on November 06, 2021, 05:33:59 PM
Does that include the 2 I have ordered?

No, Mark and the staff at The Wagon Yard are still looking for a matching pair of skirts for yours!  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

zwilnik

Quote from: Papyrus on November 06, 2021, 05:19:30 PM
Sorry, but £22.95 overseas postage seems to be verging on a rip-off. According to the Royal Mail website, a small parcel to, say, Japan is only about a fiver. It would be cheaper if they sent to a UK address and one of us forwarded it on. How hard can it be?

Leaving that aside, my order's in! Good work @Tank !

Cheers,

Chris

While I still think the P&P is a bit on the high side, assuming filling in the customs forms for Japan and the extra time at the post office in dealing with it (assuming RM rather than a courier) only take half an hour; at minimum wage that's already another fiver. Add the extra packaging needed for survival over the longer shipping distance and it easily adds up. [edit] If it's a small outfit and the sole proprietor isn't aiming to be on minimum wage, then you're looking at the time lost in doing the P&P eating up a decent amount of cost. So I can understand why it's such a high price, but it does make it somewhat off-putting still.

I was actually rather impressed with Revolution's somewhat brave packaging for the Sonic 56xx's they sent to me in Spain. Pretty much just a Jiffy bag level of protection around the boxes, relying on the actual product packaging to do the protection.

Tank

If anyone would like a wagon but needs international post, please email Mark at The Wagon Yard and he'll help you out the best he can.

Info@thewagonyard.co.uk

Dickydcc

2 on the way to Thetford Rd,plus 2 other wagons from the yard!

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on November 06, 2021, 05:24:42 PM
Just had a quick look through the posts since @Tank announced that the models were available - over half of the 'first batch' gone!

In the poll 84 folks stated themselves as definite buyers.

kesdrive

Railwaygun

I've mortgaged the wife and bought 2

The kids are next,....
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

GlenEglise

It doesn't actually look too bad a wagon.

But I shall still decline and let others take advantage.

Cheers

Bealman

I ordered one yesterday, and yes, the postage to Australia came as a bit of a shock, but as NewportNobby reminded me, that money would have probably gone on Victoria Bitter anyway  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RBTKraisee

SWMBO has told me I've spent too much already recently and I must wait until January, when I can use some of my Xmas money!! ;)

Hopefully there will still be at least two remaining!

I'm going to ping Mark regarding the international postage thing.

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations