Oxford Diecast - 2016 deliveries and announcements

Started by woodbury22uk, December 18, 2015, 11:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The MGB Roadster is the only thing there that'll get my hands in my wallet.

My layout is screaming for some 70/80's vehicles but they are just not coming. The Mk3 Ford Cortina will be welcome but that's about it I'm afraid.

Jamie

Portpatrick

For my new layout, c 2000-2010, I could do with Mondeos, Focus, Astra, Peugeot 406,307 , Nissans etc and others of that era.  I have a couple of items which were around then, a Merc A series in 1:160 for example and a Galaxy, but would like another 6 or so. For now I have a few cheap anonymous vehicles from a Far Eastern source - again 1:160

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Rabbitaway

Hi All

Some useful additions here but still the Oxford approach of producing odd ball models

Austin Princess with only ever 1900 made!

Yet another military vehicle

As I have said before Oxford make what they feel like as we buy from them because there is little choice. Come on BT make some cars to provide some competition

If you want some modern cars look at the 1:150 Tomytec Japanese models as these are the best you will get at the moment

javlinfaw7

The Austin Princess is still quite common as a bridal car , there are probably
more survivors than there are of the wedge variety, the CMP was used by a large number of road transport companies for everything from lorries to mobile cranes they survived in a lot of cases up to the seventies. I can remember seeing one lying in the back of an Ayrshire garage in a dilapidated state in the mid eighties.

trkilliman

I do find it a little strange that B.T. have not filled some of the glaring voids/opportunities for cars and smaller commercial vehicles. We can but hope.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Rabbitaway on May 30, 2016, 11:04:05 AM
Hi All

Come on BT make some cars to provide some competition

If you want some modern cars look at the 1:150 Tomytec Japanese models as these are the best you will get at the moment

The original BaseToys (now BT) made a wide range of cars in 1/76 scale when they first started, even selling them through the Hornby Skaledale brand as well as their own. They included as many oddballs as Oxford Diecast as the founder (the late Don Craggs) liked them. The truck range also included several rare items, rarely seen in the metal.

My conclusion is that the folk who have the wherewithal and acumen to own these types of business have a desire for the offbeat vehicles. Come to think of it when I was making replacement sides for SNCF Corail coaches and multiple units I chose the ones I wanted first. Of course Dinky Toys managed to include some less than usual vehicles, and the Spot-on range was made up almost entirely of the unusual, some of which never passed the one vehicle target!Maudslay Mulliner coach?

I am planning another thought-through approach to Oxford Diecast about making some "ordinary cars" and now they have announced a Carflat in 00 gauge perhaps an N gauge one could follow, even if only as a commission.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Bingley Hall

Quote from: trkilliman on May 30, 2016, 01:49:40 PM
I do find it a little strange that B.T. have not filled some of the glaring voids/opportunities for cars and smaller commercial vehicles. We can but hope.
Why is it strange?

Oxford don't make them; BT don't make them.

See a pattern emerging?

woodbury22uk

Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 27, 2016, 11:33:41 PM

NAT004 Austin Low Loader Taxi Burgundy
NCV003 Caravan Cream and Brown
NDEF009 Land Rover Defender LWB Hard Top AA
NFT020 Ford Transit LWB West Sussex F & R
NWM002 Whitby Ice Cream Dimascios

Other deliveries will include restocks of various Ford Transit Vans, VW vans etc.

These are now with retailers.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Buzzard

Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 04, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
Early next month Oxford Diecast is expected to announce their plans for the end of 2016 and early 2017.

NDSC001      Daimler Dingo 23rd Armoured Brigade Q3/2016 *
Just been looking at this item and there's a lovely typo regarding the cost of this model, see this page

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-148/products/daimler-dingo-23rd-armoured-brigade-ndsc001

But if you don't want to it's £4,252.00

Hopefully it's just the decimal point in the wrong place.

Nigel

guest311

had an e-mail from Liverpool lot today to say my AA Landrover had been despatched.

woodbury22uk

Due for release during the first week in July:-

NAEC010    AEC Matador - Royal Navy
NUT005    Guy Arab Utility bus - Wolverhampton
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Next week's deliveries:-

NAEC017     AEC Matador 2nd Batt. Gordon Highlanders
NBP005       Bedford Luton Van Slumberland
NNR001       New Routemaster bus - London
NTIL003      Austin Tilly 11th African Div
NTIL005      Austin Tilly - London Fire Brigade

Hopefully the buses will be waiting for me when I get back from hols, ready to motorise for my Grand Central project.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

The late August deliveries are now arriving in shops. My New Routemasters arrived today from the Oxford online shop. Pleased to say that they are 1/148 scale and beautifully finished. Adding sweltering passengers may be a challenge as the dismantling looks like it requires the clear printed plastic front to be removed, and it seems to be glued. Maybe some judicious sawing will do the trick.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%