Dapol (re)announce HST Protype train - open for pre-orders

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffc

Mine arrived this morning by DPD and in the time frame quoted. Model exactly as ordered, prototype power cars, and is now running in on the layout.

Geoff

GWR-Kris

Can anyone confirm of the coaches are correct as they have Intercity on the same end of the coach. I would of thought they would be opposite

SteveS1967

Quote from: GWR-Kris on August 27, 2020, 03:30:52 PM
Can anyone confirm of the coaches are correct as they have Intercity on the same end of the coach. I would of thought they would be opposite

Hi Kris,
That was the first thing I noticed this morning, completely spoils the set for me, Power Cars are excellent, the buffet's are correct although they do use the existing model for these as the CDL is still present and they did mention the buffet's were not a retooled version, I've notified Dapol of this as at £120 per saloon pack it's an unforgivable oversight  :thumbsdown:
Regards,
Steve.

njee20

Are the buffets correct? They look like the standard ones to me, not the correct ones.

I don't get why they bothered to tool new roofs, but not make changes they could have used on their other coaches, like no-CDLs (well I do, it's cost, but you know what I mean). I wonder if we'll now see correct roofs on loco hauled mk3s.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: njee20 on August 27, 2020, 04:15:24 PM
Are the buffets correct? They look like the standard ones to me, not the correct ones.

Hi

No and that was mentioned right at the start that they wouldn't be tooling new buffet cars.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

njee20

I thought as much, just based on Steve's comment, which says they're both correct and incorrect...

I remember the talk being that they were "retooling the coaches", but obviously that's just roofs. I presume that's what was expected though!

Edit: no, originally they said they were totally new coaches:

QuoteCoaches:
New Tooling
Recessed door handles
Without window bezels
Loco-Hauled type roof
Without CDL indicator blister
Buffers

From here.

Adam1701D

My RTC pair arrived exactly on time and as ordered today. Very nice indeed.

Now, about some APT vehicles for them to haul...? :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Trainfish

Mine arrived about half an hour ago and it all looks good to me. I even received the livery I ordered  :thumbsup:
I'm not concerned about whether the writing is in the right place as you can hardly see it anyway. In fact I thought at first that they'd missed the writing off completely. Coaches also look fine to me, whether the roofs are correct I neither know nor care, they still look good to me. Overall I'm a happy bunny  :D

If it runs as well as it looks to me then it will probably stay on the layout for weeks. I'll try to do a video later tonight.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

tutenkhamunsleeping

Trainfish

Good video but do the power cars sit slightly higher than the coaches? I'll find out later if mine do.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

njee20

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Only Me on August 27, 2020, 08:18:02 PM
Mine have had a good run in now!! I like the lights at the rear of the power cars !!! Shame ill be ripping the powered ones out to fit sound!

You dont need if you make the roof the speaker enclosure and make sure you get a good seal.  You also have to remove the light socket and solder the wires direct.

Snowwolflair

Trainfish

Quote from: Only Me on August 27, 2020, 09:14:12 PM
Its going back my dummy car just did the smoke trick...

Just off to the loft to test mine. I'd better test the smoke alarm first I guess  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Snowwolflair

First test run.  Train is great but the couplings suck, going magnetic.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations