Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Bloomin' heck ! It wasn't like that when I worked there!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

Just a thought for those plagued by short circuits, like me!

I purchased a brand new Japanese wagon a Siki 1000 with 16 wheels on 4 bogies, nothing unusual in that but.........

I have 2 others purchased elsewhere and they run perfectly so I couldn't understand why this one wagon stopped the whole layout, until I checked the wheels.

It appears that one axle is not insulated, thereby shorting out the whole layout!  I have substituted the axle with one from my spares and that is OK now!

Then there is another thing that had me totally perplexed but might be of interest to others?

Recently I have been mounting pre-wired LED's in my console and of necessity I have had to shorten the attached wires.  OK no problem there BUT......

The wires are extremely thin, almost thinner than a human hair and in pieces will literally float in the air.

I simply could not find a short circuit on my track, eventually I had to don magnifying lenses and with the aid of a magnifying glass too, inspected my track inch by inch.

Several hours later I caught a glimpse of something shining in the light of the desk lamp on the layout and it turned out to be a tiny wisp of the copper wire, which I assume has come from the LED's bridging the track and causing the short!

Needless to say it had avoided a neodymium magnet and a vacuum cleaner but at last I could run a train, the relief was wonderful!

Now I am a happier fat controller!  Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Newportnobby

You're getting a bit good at sorting out problems, Peter. :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Agreed.

May I have some of your patience please Peter? Or at least some methodical thinking!

Skyline2uk

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Skyline2uk on September 24, 2015, 09:14:33 PM
Agreed.

May I have some of your patience please Peter? Or at least some methodical thinking!

Skyline2uk

My dear friend it isn't my methodical thinking!

I had contacted Gaugemaster because neither of my controllers would work and cut out after a few seconds!

Using their suggestions and my channeling my anger I eventually found the reasons why!  Boom-Boom!

Warmest regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Well that works too  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

acko22

Well after 2 long months I  happy to be back on home turf!!!  :bounce:

Only issue been I missed tings, but there is always next year!! Just glad to be back to some resembalance of normality!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

railsquid

I was just chastizing myself for yesterday's late nite auction profligacy, then I noticed while transferring the money there was an unexpected payment into my account which covers most of it  :bounce:

dannyboy

Can you get arrested for 'profligising'?  :worried: ;) (Seriously though, it is always nice to get an unexpected credit in the account).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Sad news that my gran passed away about 4 weeks ago now but good news today that she left me around £7,000 to spend on trains! Well, she didn't say it was for trains but you know how it is  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Not sure whether to feel sorry for you or happy for you, John :-\
I'm sure you'll spend your inheritance wisely..................so it'll be wall to wall trains, then.

Skyline2uk

Sad to hear of your loss John....

I am sure she would want you to be happy with the cash though.

Skyline2uk

JasonBz

A sad loss for sure, but I'm sure she would wish you to enjoy what you gain -  I know mine told me to do so :)
Beer and Trains, and waste the rest!

joe cassidy

You could donate some to charity ?

Best regards,

Joe

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on September 30, 2015, 08:40:12 PM
Sad news that my gran passed away about 4 weeks ago now but good news today that she left me around £7,000 to spend on trains! Well, she didn't say it was for trains but you know how it is  :D
No excuse not to have that IC-liveried gronk now, you know it's what she would have wanted  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations