A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

The instruction sheet for the 9 car Azuma is now available to view and download on the kato webpage. The inside bearing bogie is listed as a spare.

https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/class800

Chose the ASSY TABLE button.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Ski

Do we know what decoder Kato is using in the sound-equipped versions?

Kris

Quote from: Ski on April 11, 2024, 02:00:27 AMDo we know what decoder Kato is using in the sound-equipped versions?
I asked a similar question a few months ago. I think that the answer was Zimo. I believe that the sound decoders are not being fitted by Kate but by a 3rd party.

dannyboy

Quote from: Kris on April 11, 2024, 07:24:46 AMI believe that the sound decoders are not being fitted by Kate but by a 3rd party.

That will be Suzy then. I think Kate is otherwise engaged.

(Sorry @Kris, couldn't resist.  ;) )
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Ski

Quote from: Kris on April 11, 2024, 07:24:46 AM
Quote from: Ski on April 11, 2024, 02:00:27 AMDo we know what decoder Kato is using in the sound-equipped versions?
I asked a similar question a few months ago. I think that the answer was Zimo. I believe that the sound decoders are not being fitted by Kate but by a 3rd party.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it!

woodbury22uk

The LNER 9 car Azuma is available in Japan now. This review in Japanese has English subtitles if you want to watch with the sound off. There are some criticisms.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Kris

Kernow Model Rail centre are have told me that the paddington GWR 800 class dcc sound is now in stock. Hopefully picking mine up tomorrow.

nobby

more than a fair review of the azuma 9 car , the biggest issue for me are those awful silver wheels , the kato ice 4 first run had these and on the second run was switched to darker wheelsets , as they are the same i will have to order some as spares but for the money you shouldn't have too, this is poor, also the cutting corners on some parts like tampo printing.  interesting dig at revolution for the 320/321s on build quality of which i have a few and i do like the models but i cant defend the build quality or lack of , hoping the 313/314s are a step up

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Below Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
95% 
July Donations