Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Sorry no pictures yet but I've just test run Winston Churchill purchased from
Leachsprite4 and I'm a very happy chap I've been looking for this for about two years ever since getting the funeral coach conversion from Osborns Models .I missed out on two on EBay since then but I'm very pleased to say this one runs perfectly and was sent promptly and well packed thanks go to Leachsprite4 .
I can recommend anyone to buy from him.
Bob

Newportnobby

@Bob Tidbury Have you left positive feedback on his profile, Bob? If you're not sure how to, drop me a PM and I'll send you one back with instructions.

leachsprite4

Well for such kind words from Bob, here is Winston at its previous home.

I  look forward to photos in its new use and home.
Graham

austinbob

Quote from: leachsprite4 on October 17, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
Well for such kind words from Bob, here is Winston at its previous home.

I  look forward to photos in its new use and home.
Graham
Very nice......
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

johnlambert

Two more additions to my collection.

A wagon with the name of a local colliery, one of a limited edition run for a (long defunct) local shop.

And a weathered maroon BR Mk1 CCT

Waz

Purchaced at TINGS yes I know it's taken me a while to put a picture up of it.

And I also purchased a TMC weathered weed killing train

colpatben

Three new toys this week

The Tomix TM-18 chassis for a kit build, actual train not decided.

A new Kettle, probably the last of the Farish 5MTs

'Camelot' as preserved and housed at The Bluebell railway. Two of our club members (BMRC) who are voulenteers at Blubell have ridden the footplate of this at 1:1 scale.

And lastly although not strictly rolling stock a 3 RPM 12v motor for motorising a Peco NB-65 Turntable

We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

colpatben

Quote from: colpatben on October 27, 2016, 09:07:25 AM
Three new toys this week

The Tomix TM-18 chassis for a kit build, actual train not decided.

A new Kettle, probably the last of the Farish 5MTs

'Camelot' as preserved and housed at The Bluebell railway. Two of our club members (BMRC) who are volunteers at Blubell have ridden the footplate of this at 1:1 scale.

And lastly although not strictly rolling stock a 3 RPM 12v motor for motorising a Peco NB-65 Turntable

Current DCC Project

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Jason B

Most recent purchase this Large logo Dapol 56 advertised at Blue  but turning outto be BR Large logo keenlyl priced via dcc supplies outlet 

kiwi1941

Quote from: colpatben on October 27, 2016, 09:09:31 AMAnd lastly although not strictly rolling stock a 3 RPM 12v motor for motorising a Peco NB-65 Turntable
Very interesting. Where did you source that from please? TIA, Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

colpatben

Quote from: kiwi1941 on October 28, 2016, 09:11:49 AM
Quote from: colpatben on October 27, 2016, 09:09:31 AMAnd lastly although not strictly rolling stock a 3 RPM 12v motor for motorising a Peco NB-65 Turntable
Very interesting. Where did you source that from please? TIA, Brian

Part of the answer is in the translation for the label 'DC DEAR MOTOR'  :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182248899520

I chose the 3 RPM as being most prototypical for rotational speed ie 1/2 rev in 10 seconds to turn a loco 180 degrees

Not sure about delivery to NZ

Current DCC Project

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

kiwi1941

Quote from: colpatben on October 29, 2016, 08:05:13 AM

Part of the answer is in the translation for the label 'DC DEAR MOTOR'  :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182248899520
I chose the 3 RPM as being most prototypical for rotational speed ie 1/2 rev in 10 seconds to turn a loco 180 degrees

Not sure about delivery to NZ

Mny thanks for that - tracked down the manufacturer in China and ordered one direct so avoiding eBay's rapacious charges.  :) Best, Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

lil chris

I have bought a Tomix cleaning car from Dapol and a modified pcb from Germany to convert to dcc.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

mickster04

I converted a couple of these to DCC manually, it was really straightforward to take apart. I assume you'll find that too. Good luck nonetheless!

Chris Morris

With the arrival of a Collett full brake my milk train is at last complete. I ordered it towards the beginning of October but the couple who look after the N gauge shop were having what I am sure  was a well earned holiday. This was clearly stated on the website. The coach seems to have arrived quite quickly now they are back so I am very happy with the service form NGS - thank you. This brake will get a gentle weathering before the Warley NEC show.

I'm very pleased with this coach although the attempt at window bars doesn't work for me from normal viewing distance. It looks ok close up (as per the photo) but I wish they had left it plain.

It will be great in my milk train but be warned that the livery doesn't match all that well with the Dapol Collett coaches. Both the maroon and the lining colour are different shades. The livery on the NGS full brake looks better than the Dapol coach livery. I think the level of detail is also better on the NGS coach.

It may be of interest to the NGS committee that if it wasn't for this coach I probably wouldn't have joined. I'm sure I will enjoy other benefits now I have.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations