Dapol mark 3 help!

Started by 1936ace, November 22, 2012, 03:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

Only very early Blue/Grey sets had two buffet cars.
Since around 1983 all HST sets had one buffet car in normal service.
But I do know there was at least one buffet car that was kept for charter use in HST's but I never saw it used.
Cheers
Mark

1936ace

hi all, just read hattons have the new buffets according to their newsletter but when i checked it is for the private hst no blue/grey ones :veryangry:
going to check rails and others to see if dapol have got their act together yet
bart

1936ace

just ordered mk3 buffet,1st and 2nd from rails. i wonder if they hold them until all are in stock and send as one parcel
bart

1936ace

Update from Dapol.

A few months ago a ask Dapol for information re release dates for blue grey mk3 coaches to match the hst. The reply I got was that they would be within the next 6 weeks or so with the rest to follow soon.

So on Thursady i sent a reply back to see if they were close to getting them out and i received a reply that same day from Joel Bright of Dapol saying "We are a bit behind schedule, but I will let you know ore precisely where we are next week."

So fingers crossed we might be finding out soon

regards
Aaron

1936ace

Another update from dapol,

Just received an email from Joel the boss at Dapol and he advised the following:

First, second and Buffet cars with buffers are due to be shipped in around a weeks time and the non-buffered stock is due to be shipped out the end of October.
My apologies for the delay in these models, however these delays have been beyond our control.

Yeh :bounce: looks like the coaches will be with in the shops by november

Bart

Skyline2uk

Nice work Bart,

I am not in a position to get myself a HST yet (sold my old Poole Farish one), but one day I would love an example in Swallow Livery.

Did Joel say anything about the remaining HST Mk3s in Swallow?

Cheers

Skyline2uk

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Skyline2uk

Cool, at least they haven't been forgotten  :D

:thankyousign:

Skyline2uk

porkie

Woo hoo,

Ive been what seems like years for these to go into production.

Whats the diffrence between intercity executive and swollow as I dont want to order the wrong set.
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

guest311

not difficult to spot which HST trailer is still missing from the list  :veryangry:

it really would be nice if they had produced a complete rake, rather than tons of schemes in some trailers.

IIRC blue / grey was the first HST listed, although of course the trailers were released but not the power cars, which were ages. Still of course waiting for the buffets, although other schemes which had not even been mentioned have got theirs now, and the TGS is still not mentioned in any scheme.

at least my Farish set has the correct trailers, unlike my Dapol ones.

EtchedPixels

The blue ones initially ran without a TGS so it's not that big a deal  ::)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

when i got back into the hobby and got my hattons catologue advertising the new dapol bookset hst i did not realise that the coaches had been released a lot earlier. So when zac finally got the hst when it came out after i did the pre order thing i was frustrated as hell when i saw all the later versions of the hst liveries been released and having the extra coaches realeased before the blue grey ones.

So i have been chasing the extra blue grey ones. I have since learnt that there are east and west versions but im just happy to get extra coaches, hopefully i have preordered the right ones.

bart

guest311

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 14, 2013, 08:45:39 PM
The blue ones initially ran without a TGS so it's not that big a deal  ::)

depends on which ones you want to model, but that is not the point.

to my mind it's like saying 'we'll release a steam loco now, but the tender will be released some time in the future'

davecttr

Nice to see loco hauled Virgin livery stuff on the list

BUT

No Virgin Mk3 DVT available so I will be sticking with my Farish re-vinyls and modded DVT and save the money for other goodies.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations