World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

:hmmm:  The World Cup. Something to do with, er, what exactly? Does it have Hydraulic Transmission? Was it designed in Swindon, built in Crewe or Glasgow or by Beyer Peacock, for the Western Region?  :no:
To me sport is a totally a boring subject.  I suppose some might think otherwise but :unimpressed:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Caz

It was unusually quiet here last night, normally when Spain have played football you here lots of celebrations and horn blowing, now I know why it was so quiet, I think all the locals have gone into mourning.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

So they should, Caz... at least my adopted country put in a credible performance  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tdm

Quote from: whiteswan on June 14, 2014, 09:05:26 AM
It was unusually quiet here last night, normally when Spain have played football you here lots of celebrations and horn blowing, now I know why it was so quiet, I think all the locals have gone into mourning.   :)

Same here in Tenerife - although Canarians insist they are not Spanish they do support Spain when it comes to football as Canarian Teams play in the Spanish Leagues. No fireworks here at all last night - all the fireworks were provided by the Dutch on the playing field in Brazil.

ColinH2202

Quote from: Bealman on June 14, 2014, 09:15:15 AM
at least my adopted country put in a credible performance  ;)

In our local Mini Youth Games World Cup they won!  :)

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/mini-world-cup-games-kick-off-18555/

Bealman

Haha I like that.  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the NGF! Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself and your model railway interests in the Welcome section.

D1042 Western Princess

If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Geoff

I enjoyed the football by Holland last night, I had tipped the Spanish to win but they never turned up in the second half.

Only if England could play like that.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Who would have thunk it :o
The 'mighty' Spain clattered by an erratically brilliant and essentially fairly lazy Dutch side who seem to prefer their beer to footie. They may be undisciplined off the field but last night was great. If that last screamer of a volley from Robben had gone in it would probably have been goal of the tournament.

Greybeema

England Rugby just missed beating the AB's this morning but it was a great effort and a great game of rugby -   :'(

The sitting room here looks like NASA Control Centre.  Large Screen TV. Laptops, Tablets all to watch:-

Le Mans 24h which is just about to start. 
Argentina vs Ireland   19.40
England vs Italy 23.00

LM24 will mainly be on Laptop & Tablets (have to accommodate the family somehow)...

http://www.24h-lemans.com/live/en/ if your interested...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Er... Houston, you have a problem!  ;D

Greybeema

Broad Band going 19 to the dozen but all working well so far...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Kipper

Has a page gone missing, or is everyone in mourning over the England - Italy game???

Geoff

Quote from: Kipper on June 15, 2014, 05:36:07 PM
Has a page gone missing, or is everyone in mourning over the England - Italy game???

I was in bed when England played, but heard the commotion of all the drunks coming home, not as loud as if they would of won, its all on the next game if they lose that then they are coming home.
Geoff

Lawrence

Quote from: Kipper on June 15, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

No  ;)

I believe they were unlucky though and it was a tight game, big surprise was the stuffing Costa Rica gave Uruguay, did they learn nothing from Italia 90  :-[

;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations