World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Trainfish on June 13, 2014, 12:27:40 AM
Just wait until Sunday when the Argentinians play. I've hyperlinked this picture just in case it breaks any copyrights etc.

Don't go to football anymore....too expensive..... >:(
But i would pay good money to see that team play...... :goggleeyes: :D

Agrippa

That chap's got lumps on his chest ! :goggleeyes:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scottmitchell74

I fell in love with World Cup in 2006 and have been glued to it ever since. Also, those two pics above are exhibits A & B why I can't got to South America unless I'm chained to my wife. Yowsah!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Sprintex

Quote from: sparky on June 12, 2014, 08:59:05 PM
Just about to kick off.... Don't be so miserable!!!.......enjoy

Not sure it's a case of being miserable, but I think a lot of people get fed up with the over-hype if they're not a fan. The media act as if EVERYONE is World Cup mad, yet I wonder just what percentage of the population Does give a monkey's? :hmmm:

I hope those that are watching enjoy, the rest of us will be counting the days until it's over ;)

Paul

bridgiesimon

I really enjoyed the match last night so I must be one of those who do give a monkeys then, although I am not in posession of any small furry creature to give to anyone!

Best wishes
Simon

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bees

Really enjoyed the game last night too, i was surprised at how weak the Brazil team appeared to be, but for them, they won, that's all that matters!

I am looking forward to watching Argentina..........

Quote from: Trainfish on June 13, 2014, 12:27:40 AM
Just wait until Sunday when the Argentinians play. I've hyperlinked this picture just in case it breaks any copyrights etc.

........especially watching the 2 up front!  :goggleeyes:

Steven

:NGF:
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

dodger

For me the world cup takes place in England next year, that is the Rugby World cup. Lets hope England beat the All Blacks tomorrow morning.

Dodger

Bealman

I'll be watching that with interest too  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Greybeema

I'd watch some of the Football World Cup but I'm really a rugby man so like others - bring on the Rugby World Cup 2015...

As has been said before:-  A soccer the player spends the game trying to persuade the Ref they are injured.  Rugby they try to persuade the Ref they are not...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

oscar

Quote from: Sprintex on June 13, 2014, 02:47:19 AM
Quote from: sparky on June 12, 2014, 08:59:05 PM
Just about to kick off.... Don't be so miserable!!!.......enjoy

Not sure it's a case of being miserable, but I think a lot of people get fed up with the over-hype if they're not a fan. The media act as if EVERYONE is World Cup mad, yet I wonder just what percentage of the population Does give a monkey's? :hmmm:

I hope those that are watching enjoy, the rest of us will be counting the days until it's over ;)

Paul

The papers said power would dip at half-time when all the half a million kettles were switched on; not a very big percentage for all that televised and printed rubbish, then? (Out of over 60 million.)

Pengi

I'll be watching some of the World Cup  - mainly to see the players from the Premier league club that I support.

May watch Italy too as it does have its attractions  :)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Oldman

:veryangry:

TV has been unplugged from the wall along  with the freesat receiver .
That is my personal choice - hate the game, same with Wombledon.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

bridgiesimon

Why get so aggressive about it?
Lots of stuff on tv i hate but still do not unplug it, we can all simply change channels!i enjoy lots of sports but detest the soaps on tv  so dont watch.

Lots on the box for everyone.

simon
ps COME ON ENGLAND!!

Oldman

Quote from: bridgiesimon on June 13, 2014, 07:52:24 AM
Why get so aggressive about it?
Lots of stuff on tv i hate but still do not unplug it, we can all simply change channels!i enjoy lots of sports but detest the soaps on tv  so dont watch.

Lots on the box for everyone.

simon
ps COME ON ENGLAND!!

Tis just my opinion.
Trouble is everything else is repeats. Doing my bit for the enviroment not wasting the power by having stuff on standby.
We tend to only watch TV for a couple of hours a day anyway and major sporting events always seem to overun and the programs we want are often cancelled.     
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations