World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Well.....someone had to do start it !!
(OK I'll get my coat and make a sneaky exit). :sorrysign:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

MikeDunn

Wake me up when the World Bore is over ...  :computerangry:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:  :sleep:

Tank

Rugby World Cup?!?!   :laugh3:

jonclox

Time for me to hibernate for a month rather than watch whats coming onto the telly
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

sparky

Just about to kick off.... Don't be so miserable!!!.......enjoy

Paul B

Of course I will enjoy the World Cup - it will give me an excuse not to watch the normal TV and catch up with all the other programs that I have recorded over the last few months! (Just watched two episodes of 'Almost Human' back to back - great series!)  :D
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

scotsoft

I have no interest in football but I do like to watch opening ceremonies  :tv:

However at three minutes past seven there was a powercut which lasted two hours so I missed the whole ceremony  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Geoff

Quote from: scotsoft on June 12, 2014, 09:43:12 PM
I have no interest in football but I do like to watch opening ceremonies  :tv:

However at three minutes past seven there was a powercut which lasted two hours so I missed the whole ceremony  :veryangry:

cheers John.

You did not miss much, the crowds on the streets being chased by the police was more interesting.
Geoff

Jack

At times like these is when I'm really glad we don't have a tv. It saves a lot of family disputes as to what is watched because Wimbledon starts soon.  :-\  ::)
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

port perran

No problem here. We both like football so will be (and are) watching but I like to switch on as they kick off and switch off as the game ends. Plus visit the  :NGF:at half time ! Can't stand the pre match musings and the after match post mortems.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

I tend to agree with Port Perran there regarding the post mortems etc. I also always find it surprising how many people will comment on something which they don't like but only when it's sport and in particular football. I'll also await the "England are rubbish", "they never win anything" etc comments.
Anyway, second half just starting, I'll come back in 45 minutes to read any responses.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MikeDunn

Quote from: Paul B on June 12, 2014, 09:37:13 PM
it will give me an excuse not to watch the normal TV and catch up with all the other programs that I have recorded over the last few months!
I have a pile of stuff recorded I just can't get around to, too ... too much studying going on :(  But at least it's less than the past few years, so I can do other things that need attention !

Tdm

Watched the match but never saw this Brazilian take the field as a substitute - shame.  :)

Dave95979

Quote from: Tdm on June 13, 2014, 12:06:45 AM
Watched the match but never saw this Brazilian take the field as a substitute - shame.  :)

i may be persuaded to like football after all lol

Trainfish

Just wait until Sunday when the Argentinians play. I've hyperlinked this picture just in case it breaks any copyrights etc.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations