Dapol (re)announce HST Protype train - open for pre-orders

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon D

If its any help to any one still awaiting thier email from Dapol, I orded mine 07/12/18 and received the email requesting payment today.

Snowwolflair

Time for another rant.

My HST-P (well most of it ) arrived this morning and it looks to be a very good model.  Unfortunately Dapols usual incompitence has reared its head again and I have been sent two "Coach set 2" instead of one and they have not sent the restaurant set.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

So I called them and was told I have to return the duplicate before they will dispatch the correct item. 

Questions I asked

Will they collect - NO,

will they arrange a means of return for someone Covid19 shielding - NO

Their Free post requires going to a post office and If I want to send it back by any other means I have to pay.

Congratulations to Dapol once again for a "World Class" Customer Service  (as defined by HM Government  :no:)

Anyway here is a photo of the power cars.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 25, 2020, 10:48:06 AM
Time for another rant.

My HST-P (well most of it ) arrived this morning and it looks to be a very good model.  Unfortunately Dapols usual incompitence has reared its head again and I have been sent two "Coach set 2" instead of one and they have not sent the restaurant set.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

So I called them and was told I have to return the duplicate before they will dispatch the correct item. 

Questions I asked

Will they collect - NO,

Their Free post requires going to a post office and If I want to send it back by any other means I have to pay.

Congratulations to Dapol once again for a "World Class" Customer Service  (as defined by HM Government  :no:)

Anyway here is a photo of the power cars.

I have now spoken to Joel and it is being sorted.  :thumbsup:

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Red Onion on August 24, 2020, 05:32:08 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed some make it out for general sale having missed the preorder...

Yeah me too.

I would like the Departmental Pair for my RTC stuff.

Cheers

Neal.

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 25, 2020, 10:48:06 AM

A number of Companies seem to be exploiting the inability of getting proof of posting for such folk. It stinks.

Snowwolflair

Regardless, assuming Joel sorts it out and I have no doubt he will this is a really nice model.  I have ordered up a pair of sound decoders from Youchoos and when they are installed I will do a running review.

The rendering of the model is clean and tidy and it does look the part.  You can see a lot of work has gone into getting the details correct.  Without running it which I will do in a few days so far its a 10/10 and well worth the investment.

Shropshire Lad

I didn't realise that Youchoos do sound for the HST Prototype. I thought they only did the VP185 engines variant HSTs.
Cheers Colin

JBQFC

i have also been sent the wrong set of powers cars i have got Departmental ones instead of in service ones :veryangry:
looks like someone at dapol needs new glasses

John

koyli55002

Just had my request for payment so am a happy bunny.......the bank manager less so !

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on August 25, 2020, 12:37:06 PM
I didn't realise that Youchoos do sound for the HST Prototype. I thought they only did the VP185 engines variant HSTs.
Cheers Colin

Its an acceptable compromise as the only sound set I have heard for and HST-p was terrible and I prefer to stick with Zimo chips and the YouChoos sound file.  I am going to play around with the acoustics till it sounds like the HST-P i heard at Haymarket depot in 1972.  It needs more whine :D

Shropshire Lad

It certainly needs to whine 😁 I've got  Paul Chetter sounds with ZIMO chips in my blue grey HST and it screams like a good un!
Cheers Colin

Adam1701D

Just paid for my RTC pair. Really excited about this.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on August 24, 2020, 11:32:51 AM
I probably gave up on this model and didn't pay attention but I did put in a pre-order and have received an email today asking for payment. This isn't a problem but I didn't order any coaches and now I can't see any. Does anyone know where I can find them?

EDIT: I have emailed Dapol to ask if they have any to sell

I had a call today from Dapol to ask if I had received their invoice, it was only sent yesterday! Seems they want to get them out quickly and he asked me to tell you all that they are calling people if they haven't paid as it's been nearly 2 years since orders like mine were placed and they can't be sure they have the correct email adresses etc. I would suggest that if you don't receive an email then call them towards the end of this week to make sure they have your details correct. He did say that they are going to be changing the way orders are placed in future as they realise that the current method is a little antiquated.
He also sorted out my incompetence in ordering coaches (or lack of ordering coaches) and has added 6 coaches to my order. I have no idea what the HST-P formation was but I'm happy with 2x TF, 2x TS and the TRSB & TRUK. 7 coaches would have been nice but as they're only sold in pairs and quads this isn't possible unless someone else wants 7/9 and wants to split a set of 4.

The worst part of him calling was that I was in the car (on hands-free) with Mrs Trainfish by my side so now she knows I have ordered a whole train! Fair play to the guy though, I warned him she was listening in and he didn't say the total cost  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Shiney Sheff

So, if I have got this right, if you have ordered a power car and trailer and the two packs of coaches along with the restaurant pack, there are 12 vehicles in all.?

Bob

Trainfish

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on August 25, 2020, 03:46:38 PM
So, if I have got this right, if you have ordered a power car and trailer and the two packs of coaches along with the restaurant pack, there are 12 vehicles in all.?

Bob

Not quite, I only ordered 1 pack of 4 coaches and 1 restaurant pack so I will have 2 power cars and 6 coaches. I would have liked another TS but would have had to sell the other 3 from a pack if I wanted to do that.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations