Replies not being displayed

Started by Steven B, January 18, 2024, 09:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

Yesterday and again today I've written replies, clicked post and then seen them disappear not to be displayed.

I think I used the quick reply in both recent cases.

It may be that my log-in period expired (I normally select 1 hour), but if so the forum software didn't produce a warning.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Steven B

Newportnobby

It's not happening to me but you get no warning of being 'timed out'. It just ejects you and you have to log in again.
Can I suggest you log in for a day rather than an hour and see if it makes any difference?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I've found it all too easy to enter your forum name, password and then just hit 'Enter' but that only logs you on for the default 1 hour

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bealman on January 18, 2024, 10:04:10 AMOr forever, which is what I do

Indeed, why wouldn't you?    I see no reason at all to limit the login time unless you're on a public computer or something.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

That's right. I just sit down at my computer, or use my phone, and all the latest posts are there in front of me.

Steven B

I've switched to selecting 1 day as the long in period.

My computers are shared so I don't want to leave myself logged in permanently. Unless of course you'd like to hear about my 8 year old's thoughts on Unicorns and her theory on how the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny are working in collaboration...

Steven B

Newportnobby

Please let us know if you get the same issue using that log in

Bealman

Quote from: Steven B on January 18, 2024, 01:28:06 PMI've switched to selecting 1 day as the long in period.

My computers are shared so I don't want to leave myself logged in permanently. Unless of course you'd like to hear about my 8 year old's thoughts on Unicorns and her theory on how the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny are working in collaboration...

Steven B

:laughabovepost:

There was a fairy called nuff!

Trainfish

Quote from: Steven B on January 18, 2024, 01:28:06 PMI've switched to selecting 1 day as the long in period.

Steven B

The tooth fairy and Easter bunny collaboration sounds quite interesting actually  :no:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Steven B

Apparently the Tooth Fairies (there's more than one!) plant the teeth which grow into plants that produce the money the fairies hand out. Any profit they make goes to the Easter Bunny (just one of those) to pay for the chocolate eggs... The chocolate eggs then help children loose their teeth and the cycle continues!

Steven B.

njee20

That's pretty advanced thinking there! My 7 year old was just disappointed this week that the tooth fairy only provided £1, and my 3 year old was just annoyed her teeth weren't falling out!  :doh:

snitchthebudgie

Must get new glasses - read this as REPTILES not being displayed.....

TeeCee

Steven B
It would be interesting.  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations