New Camera and Windmill Hill Photos

Started by Phoenix, July 16, 2020, 03:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Hi all,

Back in the swing of things now  :thumbsup:

I was very pleased with the new photos of the upper level, and the video compilation of them, but the camera does show any little modelling "mishaps", so there has been a little fixing going on. ;)

Here are the first photos of my Terrier round the pub and lake.

And a view across the lake

Next will be a few detail shots round the lake. I have been experimenting with close-ups of easier to reach areas.

Here is a little scene I set up.

Also, after months of planning, mocking up sections, and buying all sorts of bits and pieces I have finally decided on the theme of my next layout.

I have gone through three completely different ideas before making the final decision. It will be another roundy roundy with trains on two levels.  :hmmm:

More about it when I have got this photo book completed, but the baseboard will be smaller than Windmill Hill,  :o and I will be joining the noble group of modellers on the American Railroad section of the forum (If they'll have me  :D )

All best wishes,

Kevin

:beers:

port perran

I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

dannyboy

Some lovely shots.  :thumbsup:. The next project sounds interesting and intriguing. :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daveg

Always good to see more photos of Windmill Hill.

Look forward to seeing what you will be getting up to next!

Dave G

Phoenix

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased with the weathering on the Terrier Mick. It was done by TMC, and I think they got it just right.  :thumbsup:

And yes, the new one will be smaller (on a baseboard approx 250 x 350) but you should see the locos ..... one steam, one diesel, and both 0-4-0

Take care everyone

All best wishes

Kevin

Phoenix

Hi All,

No trains in this one, just a family having fun at the lake. I'd rather be in a deckchair with a case of beers than testing out the water  :D

The deckchair is a brass etch from Severn Models, the same place the pub is from, and is probably the fiddlyist little thing I've ever made  ;)

Will get some more pics up over the weekend  :thumbsup:

All best wishes

Kevin

Markthetog

Well that's great Kevin, now you're depressing me in High Definition  :D

Stunning pics of a superb layout, as ever.

It's a small world - I moved from Weymouth to Surrey last year just before joining here!

My deepest condolences for your loss

Mark

Phoenix

Hi Mark,

Sorry about that ..... I'll mess a few things about in the next few photos  :D :D :D

So glad you like the layout, and thank you also for your kind words

Whereabouts in Surrey are you. You moved from here, and I actually was in Surrey before I moved down to Weymouth. I used to live in Leatherhead  :D

With all best wishes

Kevin

Markthetog

What a coincidence! I was in Leatherhead an hour ago as a matter of fact - I live between Reigate and Redhill now. Broadwey was a lot cheaper!

Phoenix

Hi all,

Here are the boat builders, patching up their rowing boat. The reason the photo is this way up rather than landscape is to fit in with the page layout of the album.

The sand on the beach is from my beach. It is really fine, ideal for N gauge.

All best wishes

Kevin.

PS Hi Mark, I used to live just down from the "Plough" pub in Leatherhead  ;)

dannyboy

Quote from: Phoenix on September 05, 2020, 02:51:54 PM

The sand on the beach is from my beach. It is really fine, ideal for N gauge.

Can I put an order in for 1 kilo please? There is no rush for delivery, you can put it on the next Weymouth ferry.  ;)

That is a nice photograph Kevin which suits portrait format.  :thumbsup:
David.

weave

Hi Kevin,

Only just stumbled on this thread. You seem to pop up with new ones and I can't keep up. So sorry to hear about your Mum. Very sad.

The pics look super as ever and looking forward to your new build. At first, was hoping you'd do some sort of Wild West scenario but then I read diesel so maybe not. Whatever it is, am sure it'll be great.

Take care and not too much cider  ;).

Cheers, Chris (weave)  :beers:

Phoenix

Many thanks indeed guys,

Glad you found this thread Chris, and so pleased you like the pics. I had not planned on having any cowboys and indians on the new layout. However you know how much I like little cameo scenes, so you have put a seed of an idea there  :hmmm:

Hope you are on the mend and able to get around better now.

If you need any sand David, I can easily send you some .... I have done to another member here.  :D

Not by ferry though. Since Condor left Weymouth, this is the only ferry we have now. I saw him yesterday when I was down the harbour. As no cruise ships are operating now, port fees are too expensive for the liners, so they are anchoring off Weymouth bay, and the ferryman is doing tours round the liners as well as across the harbour.

https://www.thetraveltrunk.net/row-boat-harbour-ferry-ride/

All best wishes

Kevin

dannyboy

Quote from: Phoenix on September 06, 2020, 03:48:47 PM

If you need any sand David, I can easily send you some .... I have done to another member here.

We could go into the import/export market - I have sent coal to Mick and somebody else.  :). I have no need for any sand at the moment, but if I ever get round to doing my beach area ............... :hmmm:

I have never been to Dorset and, having looked at the Ferrymen link and if things ever get back to normal, I would not mind a visit.  :beers:
David.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations