N Gauge Forum 20t Mineral Wagon - Ideas!

Started by Tank, June 10, 2021, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I don't have a problem with NGF being plastered over the sides. It there to advertise us after all, and makes for a unique wagon.

My NGF hopper is one of my favourite wagons!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

It's a one-off and a livery like this would keep the rivet counters busy for years  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Good one guys...   :thumbsup:

I see no point in the exercise if it's just supposed to blend in with everything else!

It's a special wagon!

zwilnik

Quote from: Trainfish on June 11, 2021, 10:42:30 AM
It's a one-off and a livery like this would keep the rivet counters busy for years  :goggleeyes:
I was wondering if we can 3D print a bulk load of rivets to fill them with. Just to keep them even busier :)

Newportnobby

Let's not drag 'purists' into this and deride them.
This wagon is not one to do anything but advertise 10 years of the NGF and so is unlikely to appeal to everyone.

Bealman

Except me... a bit like a Blue Pullman  ;D

Papyrus

Rather than a specific livery, how about a ziggy-zaggy 'NGF' on the sides as spray-painted graffiti? That could appear on any layout in any region and nobody would feel left out.

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

That's a good idea, except I'm not sure they had spray cans in those days?

Papyrus

Picky, picky, picky!  :laughabovepost:

I just provide the ideas. I leave others to work up the details...  :D

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

railsquid

Quote from: Papyrus on June 11, 2021, 12:00:34 PM
Rather than a specific livery, how about a ziggy-zaggy 'NGF' on the sides as spray-painted graffiti? That could appear on any layout in any region and nobody would feel left out.

This is incompatible with the "robust deterrent policy" in place on my layout to deter graffiti "artists".

I would however be open to the idea of a wagon with a third-rail pickup shoe.

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on June 11, 2021, 02:36:24 PM
I would however be open to the idea of a wagon with a third-rail pickup shoe.

Are you sure they were Shiitake mushrooms you had for breakfast this morning, Squiddy? :worried:

Steven B

I'd replicate what was done by Robbie's Rolling Stock for the 21t hopper:

Large NGF letters on the side with a big #10 as it's fleet number.

If you want to include a nod to Tank then either add "Tank Colliery" or perhaps use NSE red, white and blue for the colours of the NGF lettering.

Steven B.

ten0G

Quote from: Bealman on June 11, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
That's a good idea, except I'm not sure they had spray cans in those days?

Maybe graffiti one side and another (earlier) design on the other would make it more marketable? 

How many layouts are there where only one side of a piece of stock is ever visible? 

I'd consider a more authentic pre-1959 design on one side of mine.  How about alternative transfers? 

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations