Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Quote from: Bob G on December 22, 2022, 04:50:58 PM
I want to know how she got them on the plane in hand luggage. The handbag she asked me to carry to the car contained about 15kg of belly pork fat and spicy sausages as well as the vodka. Apparently you are supposed to take a pinch of salt, a slice of belly pork fat, and a shot of vodka. There are two things I'm leaving off that list :)

What - no gherkins ?

Trainfish

Quote from: The Q on December 22, 2022, 11:57:09 AM
I'm sat in a hotel bar having a drink...  :beers:  Awaiting the others for the section Christmas dinner.
That's the happy bit.
The unhappy bit is it's my last one,

I was a tad worried what the last line was going to be there  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob G

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 22, 2022, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: Bob G on December 22, 2022, 04:50:58 PM
I want to know how she got them on the plane in hand luggage. The handbag she asked me to carry to the car contained about 15kg of belly pork fat and spicy sausages as well as the vodka. Apparently you are supposed to take a pinch of salt, a slice of belly pork fat, and a shot of vodka. There are two things I'm leaving off that list :)

What - no gherkins ?
Ah yes I forgot about those. They were also in the pack of goodies.

joe cassidy

In the 1990s I used to visit a customer in Kazakhstan, accompanied by my agent from Moscow.

He always had his briefcase with him, which contained :

1 x bottle of vodka
1 x jar of gherkins

:beers:

GoesWhenReady

Weather's been unfathomably cold but I've got the N layout to work upon indoors.
Merry Christmas to all and here's to the upcoming new year.
N is small and ideal for all.

Malc

Had a bonus with the last post before Christmas. My car insurance renewal came through at £1 cheaper than last year. I phoned to renew and the assistant asked if I wanted to put my wife on the policy. I asked how much it would cost and he said it reduced the premium by £60.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Greygreaser

Gave my son a present for Xmas that he didn't expect but i knew he really coveted:-

It's not N it's O but it's belting😊
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.

Bob G

A bit of an up and down day. But mostly up.
Built a Ukrainian dad's Christmas present for his son who is with us.
Wonderful battery operated slot car racing set.
But it was not "age appropriate". It was for age 8+.
I never realised how important that is until now.

The 4 year old picked up the cars, saw the pick up brushes underneath and decided they were not going to help the car go fast enough on the carpet so he ripped them off with his teeth.
I saved one of the four sets of brushes.
OBEREZHNO!!!!
One hour later, soldering iron, and screwdriver later, two working cars! Tuned up and ready to go.
DUZHE DOBRE!!!!!
One happy child. One very happy mum who does not have to explain to dad the broken toy.
So between that and a fix for my Conflat Ps I'm very happy.

Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on December 27, 2022, 02:39:54 PM

Bob

Have you followed Andy's advice, Bob?

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 27, 2022, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: Bob G on December 27, 2022, 02:39:54 PM

Bob

Have you followed Andy's advice, Bob?

Not quite yet.
After you fix the car track you have to play with the car track... and again...
Did you know that in Ukraine the yellow car is always one half a cars length in front of the red car at the start of any race?

I think there is something subconscious in that.

Bob

Browning 9mm

today's update is a bit like the curate's egg ....

CT scan yesterday to check if there was a blood clot in her lung ... result clear

just had a call from the ward, she has now tested +ve for covid today. :thumbsdown:

go into hospital with one thing, and get more while you are in there. >:(

seems they no longer bother with isolation of infectious patients, stick them in any ward with a bed, and see what happens.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Browning 9mm on December 28, 2022, 12:40:33 PM

just had a call from the ward, she has now tested +ve for covid today. :thumbsdown:

Just making sure she gets her moneys worth  ;) ;)

Hope she gets better soon, me old mucker.....

QSH

Regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

When I first moved up here I needed a hernia op (I knew I should have used a removals company) and the wound was infected so I had to go back and get it all rinsed/cleaned out :unimpressed:

stick them in any ward with a bed, and see what happens.

Ward?
Bed?
Luxury - gurney in't back of ambulance up here
(starts Four Yorkshiremen sketch again)

Browning 9mm

what a few days,
yeterday evening call to say they thought she was having a stroke, possibly....

responded, of course observing all speed restrictions  :angel: got there to find wall to wall doctors  and stuck in a side room. a while later, doctor came in, she's comfortable [have you ever been comfortable in a hospital bed  :hmmm:, and she is stabilised, and resting.

head home for the second time.

04:20 am phone call, she's not responding, you really need to get anyone who wants to see her up her asap, but we cannot be sure she will not deteriorate further in the mean time.

more travel at official speed limits, not a plod in sight  :uneasy:, get there, she's no change, daughters arrive, left at 10:00 to go and see to HB and CP, greeted at the door with legs crossed [them not me].

good thing is the CT scan the day before came back with no evidence of clots on the lungs.

thanks heavens for the NHS being free, other places I'd be having to pawn HB to pay the bills.

just check and she is still the same, so going to grab a couple of hours sleep, and head back.

so overall, I think this is in the correct thread. :thumbsup:

dannyboy

It's reading posts like this that reminds us that there is always someone worse off than ourselves. The bad case of flu' (?) that Louisa and me have had over the last 10 days or so pales into insignificance. Hopefully your good lady can start to improve soon Alan - our thoughts are with you.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations