Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I thought it was your right arm that lifted your spirits :dunce:

Trainfish

It is indeed but for drinking beer I generally use my left hand. That way it feels like someone else is doing it  :D   :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Well done son. Hope you're back to 100% soon.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

:goggleeyes:Thanks dad
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

An interesting day Monday. Since I have had medication for my leukaemia, my red cell count has being going down. I quickly ran out of steam and couldn't walk very far without getting out of breath. So on Friday I went for a covid swab and on Monday they had me in for an iron infusion. 30 mins with a bag of what looked like rusty water pumped into my wrist, I now feel a lot better. I don't know if this will be a regular thing, but the results are great.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Wow. Good news, though!  :thumbsup:

Maybe you and I should do a blood swap. I just dumped 380 ml last week to get rid of iron!  ;)

Graham

SWMBO had one of those almost 2yrs ago and it has stabilized her to date. So may last a while if you are lucky.

jpendle

Today is the first day that Hornby TT120 hasn't shown up in my recent unread posts.

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

About blinking time  :D

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Browning 9mm

Tursday I did a run down to the local Tesco, and as the fuel gauge was around a quarter full decided to fill up, even though it was £1.91.9p a litre.....

but the forcourt was busy and I decided to fill up yesterday instead....

as I went into the garage yesterday I saw the diesel price had changed overnight, by 5p  :hmmm:

so I topped the tank up at £1.86.9p a litre.  :bounce:

so something that actually went down at Tesco  :D

woodbury22uk

Yesterday I had an email from a local pub/restaurant reminding me that twelve months ago I booked for an event on 6th December and did I want to do it again this year. Commendable marketing, but the event I booked was the wake after my wife's funeral, and I won't be going for a repeat this year. So you might wonder how this is in the "happy thread". Well it is simply because I am still here 12 months on, and the wake was a memorable occasion after all.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Bealman

After not having the big TV over the weekend for the Australia - Argentina game, the nice lady from the TV helpline rang and suggested I switch it off at the wall, then switch it on again.

I wanted to do this initially, but didn't in case it didn't come back on and voided the warranty. Anyway, at her suggestion, I did.

Sure enough, all well.  :thumbsup:

Browning 9mm

used to work with the coffee and vending machines where I worked years ago.

we referred to it as rebooting, rather than simple booting when things hung up and didn't drop.

well you couldn't work a 12 hr night shift without coffee, could you.

dannyboy

Ah, the old stand by when a piece of electrical eqipment stops working - switch it off for a few minutes. Thinking about it, something very similar happened to us a few weeks ago, the satellite box just switched itself off. I took the fuse out of the plug, put in a known good one and switched on - nothing. I checked the circuit, all okay, plugged the box back in and it worked fine. It is a standing joke in our house that, when owt goes wrong electrically, I blame 'Ethel' - our ghost! (And I am not going gaga, but I am convinced that we do have an 'Ethel'.  :)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

I would rather have an Ethel in my house than a banshee >:D

javlinfaw7

At least you would be sure of the heating

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations