Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

got back to work today after been off sick for a week to be told that due to a major out brake of covid at work they have sent most staff home for ten days but cleaning staff that includes me have to give the place a deep clean but only doing short shifts  so 6 hours instead of 12 hours for the next ten days 5 of which I am booked to work with no loss of pay 

Snowwolflair

Quote from: woodbury22uk on January 07, 2021, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: steve836 on January 07, 2021, 04:56:26 PM
Quote from: RailGooner on January 07, 2021, 12:13:22 PM
You'll need to renew it again soon, when the Union is dissolved. ;)

Those Scots have always been a thorn in the side of the civilised world, perhaps we should rebuild the wall. :laughabovepost:

My wife has confiscated grandson's old Lego bricks and posted them to Nicola Sturgeon to build her own.

The problem is Boris is using Duplo and the Scots are using Leggo (just because Boris is using Duplo) and so it's going to fall down as quickly as it is built. :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on January 08, 2021, 04:05:24 PM
got back to work today after been off sick for a week to be told that due to a major out brake of covid at work they have sent most staff home for ten days but cleaning staff that includes me have to give the place a deep clean but only doing short shifts  so 6 hours instead of 12 hours for the next ten days 5 of which I am booked to work with no loss of pay

I hope you have full PPE and get tested after the 10 days!

JBQFC

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 08, 2021, 04:12:50 PM
Quote from: JBQFC on January 08, 2021, 04:05:24 PM

I hope you have full PPE and get tested after the 10 days!

yes full PPE and proper cleaning stuff i am also train in doing bio cleans and a test every day

John

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 08, 2021, 03:55:01 PM
My Tesco experience this week was quite civilized with everyone behaving quite sensibly. No 2pt milks at all apart from costalot orgasmic. Excuse was late delivery. Yeah right, thought I, late from the warehouse to the shelves ::)
What does get my goat is Tesco appear to have delisted 'refill packs' e.g. no spice refills so you have to buy another glass jar you don't want/need and no toilet freshener refills so you have to buy the complete item just to get a refill.

Let's just think about this, maybe they're trying to help you out Mick @Newportnobby. Just think, if you buy less spices then you'll need less toilet freshener. Good on you Tesco!

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Lawrence

Chan eil a h-uile Albannach ag iarraidh neo-eisimeileachd ge-tà, is dòcha gun dèan cuid de bheachdan an seo beagan ath-bheachdachaidh

steve836

Quote from: Lawrence on January 08, 2021, 07:17:38 PM
Chan eil a h-uile Albannach ag iarraidh neo-eisimeileachd ge-tà, is dòcha gun dèan cuid de bheachdan an seo beagan ath-bheachdachaidh

Think your prdictive text thingy is on the blink
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Snowwolflair

I agree but it is all about winding the other side up  :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 08, 2021, 07:31:48 PM

I agree but it is all about winding the other side up  :D

But a wind up only works if the other side knows what you're blithering on about :P

Quote from: Trainfish on January 08, 2021, 04:35:37 PM

Let's just think about this, maybe they're trying to help you out Mick @Newportnobby. Just think, if you buy less spices then you'll need less toilet freshener. Good on you Tesco!

Strangely, that's what the store manager said when I took him to task ::)

Bealman

This is the happy thread? Thank God we don't have a sad one  :)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 08, 2021, 04:10:42 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on January 07, 2021, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: steve836 on January 07, 2021, 04:56:26 PM
Quote from: RailGooner on January 07, 2021, 12:13:22 PM
You'll need to renew it again soon, when the Union is dissolved. ;)

Those Scots have always been a thorn in the side of the civilised world, perhaps we should rebuild the wall. :laughabovepost:

My wife has confiscated grandson's old Lego bricks and posted them to Nicola Sturgeon to build her own.

The problem is Boris is using Duplo and the Scots are using Leggo (just because Boris is using Duplo) and so it's going to fall down as quickly as it is built. :D
But which wall to rebuild?
Hadrian's wall gives Northumberland to Scotland.
Antonines wall gives southern scotland to England...

Considering edinburgh was part of the Kingdom of Northumbria, so that most southern Scots are Anglo saxon .. Antonines seems more appropriate..

PS There isn't am emoji for pot stirring...

tutenkhamunsleeping

Just had my first ever flu jab.  I'm now just two injections away from immortality ;)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 11, 2021, 04:21:07 PM
Bit late, Steve. I had mine last September ???

Clearly I can run faster than you :D

stevewalker

I just enjoyed the look on my wife's face. She needed to take a tablet and as I already had a drink she had a mouthful of mine to wash it down. She asked first was it Vodka and Coke, as she can't stand Vodka. I said (correctly) that it wasn't Vodka. She took the tablet and a swig of my drink - only to find it was Poitín (Potcheen) and Coke  :D Not only was the look on her face priceless, but she came out in goosebumps over both arms.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations