Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on November 13, 2020, 06:19:42 PM

Why is is that when typing "vehicles" or "sequence" I always have finger trouble and end up having to edit what I have written, as I have all the right letters, but not necessarily in the right order  :doh:

You're obviously channelling Eric Morecambe ;D

stevewalker

Yup. I did specifically word it that way based on the sketch with Mr. Preview  ;)

However, the fact still stands, that I know perfectly well how those two words are spelt, but invariably type them incorrectly on the first go. It is almost like my fingers run away and type subsequent letters before the current one has been pressed, but generally only on certain words.

Trainfish

I have the same problem when typing the (comes out as teh most of the time). There are ohters too but I can't rememeber them right now.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Funny you should say that John. I often look at what I have typed and see numerous examples of teh. I also notice quite a few instances of missing letters, I thought my laptop had a faulty keyboard, but the new desktop does exactly the same and I am sure I am using the same amount of pressure on every key press. :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I'm another who frequently transposes 2 letters whilst hammering away on the keyboard. I have to read everything again before hitting the 'Stop' button ;) One of my favourite T shirts states.
ANBG - that's bang out of order

Skyline2uk

Today is a good day.

My CJM eBay purchase has returned, completely rebuilt and upgraded and she now runs a dream.

I am very grateful to a genuine legend of our hobby for sorting this out whilst he is supposed to be retired!

In addition, one of my wife's Christmas presents arrived (the last one in stock).

The weather won't get me down today!

Skyline2uk

emjaybee

Quote from: dannyboy on November 13, 2020, 10:07:54 PM
Funny you should say that John. I often look at what I have typed and see numerous examples of teh. I also notice quite a few instances of missing letters, I thought my laptop had a faulty keyboard, but the new desktop does exactly the same and I am sure I am using the same amount of pressure on every key press. :hmmm:

I believe that's classified as a PICNIC problem.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

or if you want to be nice

Digital Interface Malfunction  :smiley-laughing:

dannyboy

Or even -

B2F4D

(That will give you something to do this afternoon  :))
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

guest311

B2F4D Brunello Cucinelli Twill Flat Front Pants Oak

think they'd be a bit stiff  :'(

TrevL

It all sounds like Muphry's Law to me! :bounce:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daffy

well, it's one answer.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

B2F4D - Be too fast for device

My final answer, and now I reclaim my life. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

Back 2 Front 4 Dummies. An illustrated guide aimed at those who have put their pants on back to front occassionally. Not that I know anyone who has done that of course, oh no  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations