Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 22, 2015, 07:22:15 PM
:laughabovepost:

Nippers (scale TBD) may well follow, I had an odd feeling leaving Peco today that the next time I visit may well be with offspring.....well it's as good an excuse as any.

Ref proposal: nothing impulse about it. Military planning since last year, funds hidden for ring since April, ring hidden since July  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Congrats, Skyline! I know what you mean about military planning... it's a long time ago now, but I recall Mrs Bealman turning into Bridezilla.

Talking of Mrs B, she won a $600 gift voucher at the club last night. Happy thread!  :claphappy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jonclox

:claphappy:. in all honesty I was surprised when I placed a smallish order with Osborns yesterday afternoon and by 4.30 received a note from them stating that the order was dispatched.  One of the items was a named Archer Station name board bearing the name Ruleoneshire which obviously had to be done especially an a GF Pullman  Second Kitchen car
The parcel arrived at 10 am today with the nameplates . Fantastic service I recon  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Whilst doing some book research for Philip (N-Gauge-US) concerning branch lines in the Oxfordshire area I browsed through 'Steam on the GWR - Severn & Cotswolds' and discovered some things I had forgotten about Oxford which, as I have based my main layout very loosely there, put a smile on my face. One was that 'Kings' were banned from Oxford due to their axle loading weight (so I have no need to wait for manufacturers to produce one) and the other was some great photos of a 'Jubilee', a 'Patriot' and a Bulleid light pacific at Oxford, along with information about 'Schools', 'Lord Nelsons', '8F's', B1's and 'V2's' being frequent visitors. Most of these I knew about but it was good to have them confirmed and has vindicated some of my purchases :)
How the hell I am going to justify a Midland Blue Pullman and, even more extremely, a Poppylino is totally beyond me, though :hmmm:

Bealman

'Cos both of them are cool, that's why.  8)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on August 30, 2015, 12:18:35 PM
'Cos both of them are cool, that's why.  8)

Back to the Future - that'll do, George :laugh:

railsquid

Not sure if the Blue Pullmans had flux capacitors.

Tom U

Quote from: railsquid on August 30, 2015, 01:59:30 PM
Not sure if the Blue Pullmans had flux capacitors.

He used flux to solder his droppers, and capacitiors inthe CDU for the point switching....ain't that enough  ;D

railsquid

Hmm, Wikipedia suggests a Blue Pullman could do 90mph, which is 2mph more than would be needed... I guess NPN is in luck.

Skyline2uk

Hello all.

So, after some minor moaning on my behalf on the unhappy thread and some very kind help from @Caz , I am now able to share with you all what I was up to on Friday (and have been for every Friday before August bank holiday for the last 22 years). I was helping the SNBR run its day / evening services for "1812 night".

Thought members would like to see some of the more unusual members of our fleet.

Kestral is, I am told, currently the largest model of the locomotive in the UK

[smg id=28545]

And Western Enterprise is I believe unique, at least from Mardyke.

[smg id=28546]

The rest of the fleet includes a Deltic, Class 47, SNCF CC 40100, Class 25 and a former Hymek which is now running as a sort of HST look-alike.

There are also several in house projects and numerous Kettles.

FYI All the SNBR Mardyke fleet are diesel-hydraulics, which makes "Western Enterprise" the only accurate prototype in terms of drive-train  :D

Quite a long way from N gauge, but still fun.

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Until now I never knew the SNBR existed and had certainly never heard of a Mardyke either. Now I know about both, thanks Adam.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Cheers Mr Fish  ;)

SNBR has been a part of my life for all its 30 years, but I have been a member since I was 8.

Have driven all the main-line diesel fleet, qualified on the signal box and even attempted to drive steam locos.

The latter has not gone well. One burnt me and another spat its reversing handle at me  ::)

I have no problem with Kettles, they just don't appear to like me. In contrast, not a single diesel has refused to work properly at my request  :D

Link to said railway here:

http://www.snbr.20m.com/

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

I've already been all over the site Adam, didn't see any dodgy photos of you though, unlike at Melksham or Calne whichever it was.................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

:claphappy: After  waiting 3 weeks for an appointment with my doctors surgery Iv e at last seen her with reference to my non working to find out if the error I with me or in its manufacturer. Using her dummy practice one I worked it from first attempt  :doh: so we set about testing m suspect faulty one It failed to work despite me using the same technic so we retried the sample and it worked faultlessly each test :hmmm: The nurse then managed to drop mine and apologising got me to retest it and it worked 100% so it got retested several times and worked  every time  after which I felt decidedly light headed as its supposed to be I inhale morning and repeat in the evening  :-[
Think I shall leave track laying alone for today and relax  :-\
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

Ah, so it was jammed & they applied the known fix - 'accidentally' drop it  :P

At least you know what to do next it jams  ::)

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 03, 2015, 02:59:33 PM
Ah, so it was jammed & they applied the known fix - 'accidentally' drop it  :P

At least you know what to do next it jams  ::)

It is not recommended to do this with N gauge models. Please do not try this at home :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations