Where does your layout live?

Started by gdandridge, January 19, 2014, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude Dreyfus

Kanjiyama lives in our shed, of which I have a 50% stake! Normally it is set up, but currently it is dismantled awaiting some minor spurring up. It is due out to play next month!  :D

FeelixTC

Under the bed.

Had I been able to pursuade Mrs TC to have a king-sized bed; I could have had a few more sidings.

Birds! Can't live with 'em; Can't shoot 'em.

gdandridge

Hi all,

I've really enjoyed reading all the responses and seeing the pictures.

I'm surprised how popular the 'under bed' option is. :)

I'm also entertained by how SWMBO, Mrs TC, Birds and the Better-Half seem to play an important role in the decision making process.

:thumbsdown:

Cheers all. Keep them pictures coming.

Gavin.

fordpop

My layout lives under the bed, propped against the wardrobe, on the bed.....anywhere it can get really....great to see the pics & hear the stories though, keep em coming:)
Massive learning for me - I know nowt about 'real' railways but getting but Im seriously getting hooked on this lil ole n gauge..:)

Trying to understand & model BR Blue in the Midlands, just before privatisation.

FeelixTC

Quote from: fordpop on January 21, 2014, 10:29:22 PM
My layout lives under the bed, propped against the wardrobe, on the bed.....anywhere it can get really....great to see the pics & hear the stories though, keep em coming:)

Fordpop - Great name!

As an avid reader of 'Custom Car' in the 70's, I have to ask; Jag IRS, Viva HA front suspension, Rover V8??

ngauger

In the loft. 
I installed a 'Velux' style window some years back, and the insulation material was upgraded recently when we had the roof re-laid.  The window overlooks the midland mainline from whence I draw my inspiration!  What could be better eh?

Andy
LNWR & Midland Railway Company

Newportnobby

A pic of the layout in my conservatory (aka mancave) taken through the French windows in my bedroom. When I can't sleep at night I just roll out of bed and go play trains :D

CarriageShed

Quote from: newportnobby on January 22, 2014, 12:17:01 PM
A pic of the layout in my conservatory (aka mancave) taken through the French windows in my bedroom. When I can't sleep at night I just roll out of bed and go play trains :D

Is the signalman aware that there's been a controllerslip onto the line? It could take days to move that lot. ;)

Cooper

Mine is currently residing on the living room table!  :doh:

Just getting it ready for the NGF meet up on 15/2/14. It has lived on it's end by my workbench in the back-ground, but should really reside in the loft in the interests of marital harmony.  :angel:

kevin141

Mine lives here

the show layout does
kevin
Good dinner

Les1952

First attempt at putting in a pic to a post, so here goes...

When I retired my wife quoted Nora Batty at me "Every man should have a shed"- so I have a 16 foot by 10 foot garden workshop, insulated, fitted with a rudimentary secondary double-glazing, and with its own consumer unit.   This is where there should be a picture- did it work?

Answer- yes.....

All the very best
Les

Newportnobby

Very handsome shed there, Les :thumbsup:
You can always check to see if the 'pic in the post' has worked by pressing the 'preview' button as opposed to the 'post' button

silverfox

Two of mine hang on the wall..........The joys of micro Layouts ;)

Les1952

Now I've got the hang of this- two interior views.

Consumer unit with circuits for power and lighting separate before the insulation was completed on the end wall and door, and

showing inside of the shed in its first winter with Furtwangen Ost being built by me at the far end and Gresby by Mr Simon taking much of the space.  Gresby is now under the workbench waiting Mr Simon to decide what to do with it now he's 120 miles down the road, FO is on one end of the workbench being prepared for Sileby show in 3 weeks time, and Hawthorn Dene is standing where Gresby is- having scenics done for first outing at Grantham Railshow in September...

All the very best
Les

Newportnobby

Quote from: silverfox on January 22, 2014, 10:34:45 PM
Two of mine hang on the wall..........The joys of micro Layouts ;)

The loo seat layout is just sheer class ;D :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations