My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Turns out the killer was from Queensland, and was known to police up there. He had a history of mental health issues.

Apparently the policewoman applied CPR after she'd shot him. Dunno why, but it didn't work anyway.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

I had visitors here from Sweden, who decided to go to Sydney for the day yesterday, as you can imagine it was bit stressful until I heard they were ok. Luckily they only did the best touristy things, Manly Ferry, Opera House and Queen Vic building.

Bealman

Graham

One hell of a brave copper. Especially when he was targetting women

Bealman

Anzac Day here in Oz. It is legal to play two-up. The bowlo fills up with people you've never seen before in your life.

The boys in blue spend the day driving around venues checking activities:

I have no problem at all with Anzac Day, in fact exactly the opposite, but I do have a problem with the blow-ins who you never normally see here who use the day as an excuse to get intoxicated and generally act like  :censored:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on April 25, 2024, 08:21:27 AMI have no problem at all with Anzac Day, in fact exactly the opposite, but I do have a problem with the blow-ins who you never normally see here who use the day as an excuse to get intoxicated and generally act like  :censored:

And that's just the boys in blue!

Did they get to play an end? :D

crewearpley40

Looks like a great view George.  Just the thought I was having. Enjoy the evening

Bealman

They're checking out the two-up, not the bowls  :P

Papyrus

Please explain to an iggorant Pom who knows nowt about bowls... What is a two-up?

Cheers,

Chris

Trainfish

Quote from: Papyrus on April 25, 2024, 11:19:28 AMPlease explain to an iggorant Pom who knows nowt about bowls... What is a two-up?

Cheers,

Chris

I was thinking it was the equivalent to being "double parked" in a pub in the UK but I'm probably wrong.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Quote from: Papyrus on April 25, 2024, 11:19:28 AMPlease explain to an iggorant Pom who knows nowt about bowls... What is a two-up?

Cheers,

Chris

I don't play bowls either, so my knowledge is only what I learn from listening to the bowling tragics who drink there.

Two up is nothing to do with bowls. It's a game which was played by the Diggers in WWI. It's basically heads or tails played with three coins tossed up in the air from a purpose made wood shoe. Hence the phrase "Come in spinner".

If you want to bet $10 on heads, you just wave it in the air and yell "$10 on heads" and another crowd member matches it by giving you $10 to hold. If you win, you keep it, if you lose, you give him/her the $20.

I don't play anymore, but some years I did alright out of it. I walked away with about $700 one year.

Ch4lkst3r

Sounds like you had better luck than John Grant (obscure film reference there!)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations