what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: MinZaPint on May 27, 2016, 11:56:13 AM
I hate to through out anything that still has some useful life left in it, I've had the wife for 40 years  :D

I believe she speaks very highly of you, too, David :laughabovepost:

MinZaPint

:laughabovepost: 
Quote from: newportnobby on May 27, 2016, 01:32:40 PM

When I was thinking of a change of car I mentioned to my little treasure that I was thinking of getting a Mondeo "what do you want one of those for it's a boring old mans car" I replied "I rest my case" !
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

GeeBee

Just came back out of hospital a small check up resulted in an overnight stay nothing to serious but it has delayed the photos I was going to post of progress on Wotcanappen will try later today they are just for you NPN
Graham

Trainfish

Quote from: MinZaPint on May 28, 2016, 03:43:08 PM

When I was thinking of a change of car I mentioned to my little treasure that I was thinking of getting a Mondeo "what do you want one of those for it's a boring old mans car" I replied "I rest my case" !

Hey, I've got a 2 litre Titanium and I love it! And I'm middle aged I think.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

paulprice

I have been looking at Volvo estates.......Oh dear  I will get my coat   :-\

GeeBee

I am also car hunting trying to find one with big enough boot for mobility scooter and winch, before anyone says anything the winch is to get me out of the car I think  :hmmm:  :-[

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on June 08, 2016, 02:21:20 AM
Quote from: MinZaPint on May 28, 2016, 03:43:08 PM

Hey, I've got a 2 litre Titanium and I love it! And I'm middle aged I think.

Having been a sales manager in my previous life I had 3 Mondeos from 1993 onwards and put over 100,000 miles on each of them (yep - all mouth and motorway was I) and also had 2 of them since I was made redundant in 2006. Brilliant cars, and the turbo diesel is just a pure rocket ship with a magical mpg.

Bealman

Well, ignoring  motorway man above,  :P

Trying to get power to the track at Castle Eden which has mysteriously dropped to ziltch, having to deal with Mrs Bealman taking a day off work, and having a beer at club.

Otherwise, nowt much.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Try putting some coins in the meter?

Here at Chez Railsquid am busy wiring up tiny tiny leds to light up tiny houses to fool potential 1:150 burglars there's someone at home.

GeeBee

Both Martini Holt and Wotcanappen are stationary at the moment to busy car testing  :bounce: trying to find one to take us and a 200lbs mobility scooter at the same time and that is automatic transmission some of the cars I have driven are gorgeous but sadly not capable.

Caz

Claywell is finally getting its terminus ballasted, been putting it off for ages as I wanted to do a couple of alteration, all but one done now.  I can't make up my mind whether to change the crossover near the end of platforms 3 & 4 into a scissors crossing so locos can easily be released from either platform giving more operating potential so that bit I'm leaving unballasted (is there such a word?) for the time being.  ho - hum.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on June 08, 2016, 11:11:38 AM
Here at Chez Railsquid am busy wiring up tiny tiny leds to light up tiny houses to fool potential 1:150 burglars there's someone at home.

Well that's one carport illuminated:

carport-light by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Bealman

Very good work, but it wouldn't fool me. That's a deserted house, mate. Up the downpipe at the left and over onto the balcony. Easy pickings!

Actually, that could make a cool little cameo.... a blue stobe flashing on the side of the house and a siren going.

As long as you could switch the thing off, though... the things are always going off around where I live. False alarms, I'm sure.

Bealman

Quote from: Caz on June 08, 2016, 01:59:14 PM
Claywell is finally getting its terminus ballasted, been putting it off for ages as I wanted to do a couple of alteration, all but one done now.  I can't make up my mind whether to change the crossover near the end of platforms 3 & 4 into a scissors crossing so locos can easily be released from either platform giving more operating potential so that bit I'm leaving unballasted (is there such a word?) for the time being.  ho - hum.   :)
I like the idea of the scissors, Caz. As you say, increased operational potential, and it's such a cool looking formation  8)

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on June 09, 2016, 03:13:35 AM
Very good work, but it wouldn't fool me. That's a deserted house, mate. Up the downpipe at the left and over onto the balcony. Easy pickings!

What you don't see is the ninja hiding on the balcony.

Quote from: Bealman on June 09, 2016, 03:13:35 AMActually, that could make a cool little cameo.... a blue stobe flashing on the side of the house and a siren going.

As long as you could switch the thing off, though... the things are always going off around where I live. False alarms, I'm sure.
Burglar (and car) alarms: pretty much unknown in Japan.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations