what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

I've mostly been gluing brake discs on dapol mk 3s... fun fun fun...

And putting a couple of old farish mk 3s on the N'porium  :angel:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on March 01, 2015, 05:26:31 PM
Test painted a small piece of platform with white edges to see which looks best. I reckon the top left at the moment.

I'll probably take the bottom right paint back. It's supposed to be PlastiKote project white enamel. Seems to be mainly ruddy water!

Agree with top left, John :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Thanks Mick. Mind you, that piece of platform is the lighter mark 1 shade of grey. The platforms have all been done in a darker grey but I still think top left is best. Not too bright, looks used etc
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

steve836

And mine, although top right ain't bad either.
I've been building and butchering 4 Metcalfe engine sheds for Ryber loco works. just the lights to be fitted then the roof can go on![smg id=22358 type=preview align=center caption="001"]
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bad Raven

1. Removing the roof from a Matchbox bus for an open top conversion

2. Working out how to make a chassis frame to use bachmann tram motor and bogies with DCC at the wheelbase I need for a Blackpool OMO.
Dave

Bealman

Hi there everybody on this thread.... I never post here 'cos the answer to the title of the thread in my case is, "Nowt."

But I got off me you-know-what today and actually got down on me hands and knees under my ancient layout around the garage.

Power on, the odd light signal on here and there, so onto me knees I went and had a look up underneath.

This is Australia, so what I saw was like a zoo for Arachnids. They can look awful big when you're on yer knees and the only way to get up at my age is to pull yerself up by the baseboard leg and hope that you secured it to the floor and wall all those years ago!

Oh let's not go on...

I had two points left in my terminus that wouldn't  kick over (Peco point motors installed 1987) and my DMM said they were getting  juice, so I swiped the cobwebs away, put me hand up into the nether regions, had a fiddle probably no more than a couple of mil in reality, and hey, pushed button, and they kicked over like champions.

Please send all spider anti-venom too Bea....lma....n.... .....

Apart from that, a good result. I might get this layout shipshape afterall.  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

You need to borrow Mrs B's vacuum, the if any arachnids are of the venomous kind it's her problem! :D >:D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Rather you than me, George. I hate the critters, even the small ones we get in Blighty :uneasy:

paulprice

I've been looking for Crabs, I appear to have lost one of the LMS variety

Caz

Repairing the damage I did the other day in dropping Bampney station on the floor, still not found 2 of the chimneys.  Manage to repair one of the Dapol signals which had a broken post, carefully glueing and a realign seems to have it working.  The other one the threaded base broke off, tried repairing it without success, goes off but won't go on again.   :(

Much to my surprise the kit bashed Peco goods shed which broke into about 20 pieces has also been repaired, a barge board and a drain pipe have gone missing but it's back together again I'm pleased to say.

Very pleased with my efforts.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on March 15, 2015, 07:43:12 PM
I've been looking for Crabs

Easily contracted - not so easy to get rid off (so I'm told he added hastily)

Quote from: Caz on March 15, 2015, 07:48:40 PM
Repairing the damage I did the other day in dropping Bampney station on the floor, still not found 2 of the chimneys.  Manage to repair one of the Dapol signals which had a broken post, carefully glueing and a realign seems to have it working.  The other one the threaded base broke off, tried repairing it without success, goes off but won't go on again.   :(

Much to my surprise the kit bashed Peco goods shed which broke into about 20 pieces has also been repaired, a barge board and a drain pipe have gone missing but it's back together again I'm pleased to say.

Very pleased with my efforts.   :)

That's good news, Caz. :thumbsup:
I'm sure Bampney will be back to normal very soon.

Bad Raven

Many years ago when still at school I had the use of a shed, which was model railway (OO) and plastic kits.  My ten years younger inquisitive cousin came to live with us.

I took great care in removing by hand into a bucket all the extremely long legged spiders that I could find that lived in the shed (while I "cleaned it out"), then putting them back one by one by hand.

My cousin just happened to be scared of spiders, and was there of course.  :angel:

He never went near the shed in two years................   >:D

Today I have painted the radiators and grilles on five buses, painted the roof and coachline green on an ivory tram, fitted the chassis to the bdy (pull off friction fit, ballasted it with lead to improve connections, completed the paintwork on the scratch built crazy golf holes, and cleaned the track after painting in the roadway to disguise the joint between wide tram and adjacent surfacing (balsa, sanded smooth, as its all "level in road").
Dave

Caz

Thanks Paul, not sure it would be suitable as mine are lower quadrant GWR ones?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77