what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

WHY? Why? There's nowt wrong with it that I can see  ???
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mr bachmann

making the grade , took double track out and replace with single , and just for the loco crews its steeper  :worried: , good excuse for a helper !

paulprice

now that I have superglued my fingers together again, is superglue the good idea I thought it would be?

Trainfish

At least you've found something which it does stick. It doesn't seem to stick much else these days  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: paulprice on February 26, 2015, 10:33:36 PM
now that I have superglued my fingers together again, is superglue the good idea I thought it would be?
If the aim was to stick your fingers together (you don't mention any other items you were planning to stick together), sounds like you're on to a winner. :thumbsup:

(Though the "again" implies you have tried the same previously and not found it to be a viable permanent solution).

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on February 26, 2015, 11:07:45 PM
Quote from: paulprice on February 26, 2015, 10:33:36 PM
If the aim was to stick your fingers together (you don't mention any other items you were planning to stick together), sounds like you're on to a winner. :thumbsup:

(Though the "again" implies you have tried the same previously and not found it to be a viable permanent solution).

:laughabovepost: :laugh:

MinZaPint

Well just to show that something is happening albeit slowly, installing wire in tube point control. All those tubes will eventually be covered by scenery.

now to upend the board and finish the wiring!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

daveg

Looks very tidy MZP.

Hoping to have WiT point control on my new layout. I'd be pleased to have details of your installation.

Dave G

MinZaPint

Quote from: daveg on February 28, 2015, 08:54:46 AM
Looks very tidy MZP.

Hoping to have WiT point control on my new layout. I'd be pleased to have details of your installation.

Dave G

Not as neat as it should be a bit of preplanning would have paid dividends but hey ho! The wire & tube is actually model aircraft control cable from a company called Gliders   http://www.gliders.uk.com/  items G519.0,8 & G3500.2   The switches from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09006-5x-Quality-6P-DPDT-Slide-Switch-on-on-2-Circuits-0-5A-50VDC/271328858643?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D8428179394094926286%26pid%3D100204%26prg%3D20140407115239%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D20%26sd%3D150898466682  which require a small hole drilled to accommodate the wire. The throw on the switches is just right, the cable will need fixing I've used glue, take care on curved runs as shown as the cable will flex until fixed down. Best of luck  :thumbsup:

When I mentioned pre planning this pic shows my bodge to get round the fact that I'd not got room for a proper connection to the point in the middle that's a bit of paperclip linking it to the point I could reach!

also shows my rubbish soldering and wire attachment to point.

The wire to switch connection

switches yet to be fixed
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Croxy

Working on the landscape.....first attempt at this and pretty happy with the results so far.......[smg id=22169 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 1051"]
If you like it run it......

Hailstone

Just relaid the fiddle yard for Tremierten as I didn't like the way some locos reacted to the set track points so I replaced them with medium radius ones - all is now well.

Regards,

Alex

paulprice

1 Painted the occupation bridge on Foster Street,
2 Cut my thumb open
3 Now trying to paint some signals
4 Give up with my 2-6-4T builds

Jerry Howlett

DESPERATELY SEARCHING FOR ITEMS TO FLOG ON E-BAY.  Mrs "H" is going to discover the Brighton Belle purchase soon.....
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Trainfish

Test painted a small piece of platform with white edges to see which looks best. I reckon the top left at the moment.

I'll probably take the bottom right paint back. It's supposed to be PlastiKote project white enamel. Seems to be mainly ruddy water!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

UPINSMOKE

Well have been painting a few more rock structures. Have stuck them down and plastered some of the scenery. I also have painted all the layout ready for when I am ready to start with the scenic scatter etc.

Oh and took an hour out to run a few trains :D as you do ::)

Also took a few more photo's for my thread My Layout Southern Comfort.
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations