what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

With a properly liveried 08 that kind of thing would never happen.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

johnlambert

Fitting more EasiShunt couplings and testing (or playing trains), ending up with a long parcels train behind D829 Magpie.

Warship, Stanier BG and GWR Fruit D.  I'm quite pleased with the coupling distances and I've not yet found any problems with buffers locking.

mk1gtstu

Been building a storage rack under the layout to keep my JB World stock boxes.

cheers, Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

jivebunny

Nice rack  ;)

I've been buying track... You'd think that'd be plenty but I'm going to need 140 points and about 150 lengths of flex track for the layout. I don't even want to think about the cost of the point motors :'(

JB

Newportnobby

Quote from: jivebunny on February 21, 2015, 09:09:43 PM
Nice rack  ;)

I've been buying track... You'd think that'd be plenty but I'm going to need 140 points and about 150 lengths of flex track for the layout. I don't even want to think about the cost of the point motors :'(

JB

Ouch! That's really got to have hurt the bank balance :goggleeyes:

Trainfish

JB. I don't like to tell tales but when your back was turned getting the camera somebody swiped 5 sets of points and left the empty packets on the table  :no:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jivebunny

Quote from: Trainfish on February 21, 2015, 11:15:59 PM
somebody swiped 5 sets of points and left the empty packets on the table  :no:

I've been robbed! Scoundrels! :o

Nah, I couldn't wait to put together the first set of crossovers for the layout and give myself the impression of progress, despite not yet even having a single board ready (or even the room...)
JB

Tdm

Jivebunny - exactly whereabaouts in Brittany are you?
Way way  back in 1966 I drove a Sunbeam Rapier to Dinard in Brittany, and in a seafront Bar watched Bobby Moore lift the World Cup for England after defeating West Germany 4-2.

I liked Dinard and used to drink Dubonnet & Lemonade in Bars there. Stayed in a campsite on the outskirts of Brittany before driving back to the U.K. and calling in at the old "Twin Towers" Wembley to soak up the atmosphere following that famous victory.

ChrisWV10

140 points! I've just bored after doing half a dozen..  :worried:

Time for a coffee n cake stop ..

C. :)

jivebunny

Quote from: Tdm on February 22, 2015, 12:44:13 AM
Jivebunny - exactly whereabaouts in Brittany are you?

I'm between Rennes and Nantes, about an hour and 45 from Dinard. It's a lovely part of the country when it's not raining, and if you enjoy driving then the roads are great outside of holiday season (as is the case in most of France!)

The house prices are attractive too...

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on February 22, 2015, 12:36:43 PM
140 points! I've just bored after doing half a dozen..  :worried:

Yep, not looking forward to finding out how long it's going to take me...  :help:

JB

GeeBee

Wiring in the power units and a bank of meters, setting up the wiring for the station lights and and houses and just finished the overhead lights all are led very little power consumption this could take some time  :uneasy:  :confused2:

Oldman

Recycling. Clearing out all the old stuff :-\ :telloff:
Brickworks layout gone, need the space. start of next month look in the classifieds for bargains, some will be FOC, collection only - Metcalfe Buildings and other structures as I'm not posting them.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

UPINSMOKE

Landscaping the hills and painting the layout board surface. Lots of PVA, cardboard, etc and of course the messy stuff plaster bandages being used. Will update my thread Southern Comfort shortly on progress so far.
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

paulprice

Trying to finally finish off one of my loco build projects, but mostly looking at the layout and muttering over and over again WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations