what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

It's set up in the garage and I've added some representative trains/rolling stock so I can take some photos for the Club Display board:

First attempt to see if that's the sort of thing they want - next time I'll open the garage door to get some more light on the subject  :doh:  :dunce:

Edit: Printed the above pictures on A4 paper and they don't look so dark as they look above. They wanted more 'detail' and 'action' rather than 'overview', so the 2nd, 3rd and last ones were selected...  :claphappy:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MinZaPint

That brewery building certainly looks good with the wagon turntable, enjoyed seeing the layout at Yeovil, nice to see it progressing.

:beers:  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Jerry Howlett

I also like the wagon turntable, I assume it is the Peco 009 version ?. Not having seen one since puberty is it plastic or can you actually run locos across it ?.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

talisman56

Yes it is the 009 version and it is plastic. The Brewery siding will be shunted by a tender loco (the Adams 0395 or Drummond 'Black Motor' will be the designated trip freight locos) and they have been tested for continuity and continuous running over it...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

carpy

finishing? my first layout  a 5 by 3 modern english diesel shunting with a double run round layout. at the same time trying to design a second layout 6 by 3 for prewar  uk steam for which i have already got plenty of engines and rolling stock  the big problem is my mobility has now gone downhill very rapidly . i could not spend many hours underneath wiring up points,uncoupling magnets etc etc as i did on the present layout. i am thinking of trying to design a complete hinged top so i could wire up and screw in possibly 2 dozen points etc either sitting or standing ,whether it will work or not i shall see in the future.
  i would like any feedback from anyone who has tried or done this before
  thanks in anticipation
carpy

CirroCu

What am I doing on my layout right now? Cleaning the track - again  :censored:
I have plenty of will power, just no won't power.

Newportnobby

Quote from: CirroCu on September 27, 2014, 02:19:12 PM
What am I doing on my layout right now? Cleaning the track - again  :censored:

Basking in the glow of having put off cleaning my track until tomorrow :angel: ;)

Jerry Howlett

Drinking a large beer (ok its lager here) having just run a collection of old  Minitrix stalwarts around my layout WITHOUT HAVING TO CLEAN THE TRACK!!!
Warship and A4 each hauling 21 coaches up  a 1 in 50 gradient. dapol eat their shorts.
OK cleaned it all last week....
Jerry

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

CirroCu

Basking in the glow of having cleaned the track yesterday  :angel: and now running my little Terrier with three 4 wheel Southern green coaches on my out and back  :).  The smell of roast beef and Yorkshire puddings wafting from the kitchen, a glass of Czech lager in my hand, paradise  :beers:
Also wondering how the blue black blazes I am going to fit and run Brighton Belle (Umber & Cream, of course ::) on my tiny layout :worried:
I have plenty of will power, just no won't power.

Nick

I ponder the same question about a Blue Pullman...

Nick
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Trainfish

On a Sunday when Europe once again retain the Ryder Cup? Absolutely nothing on the layout  :laugh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Caz

Quote from: Trainfish on September 28, 2014, 06:37:56 PM
On a Sunday when Europe once again retain the Ryder Cup? Absolutely nothing on the layout  :laugh:

Likewise here, nothing done all weekend due to watching the Ryder Cup, been ignoring moans all weekend of where's my dinner and the like, it's the only sporting event I get really hooked into.   Well done lads for retaining the cup.   :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

steve836

Quote from: Caz on September 29, 2014, 09:32:01 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on September 28, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

Likewise here, nothing done all weekend due to watching the Ryder Cup, been ignoring moans all weekend of where's my dinner and the like, it's the only sporting event I get really hooked into.   Well done lads for retaining the cup.   :claphappy:

I never paid much interest in horses.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

sparky

Running in a lovely new Doncaster built dapol class 56 in blue...got a good deal £68 on flea bay..

Denemarken

Nothing unfortunatley as it hasn't been delivered yet :doh:
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations