Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carderrail

I got two of the RTC pack!

Awaiting a reponse....

Tony

Bob G

Quote from: captainelectra on August 26, 2020, 10:35:13 AM
I've ordered the RTC pair. Hope I get the right ones...
I dont think there will be any problem supplying you with the RTC version :)
Just hang on to a prototype one if you get sent that one - as I have little faith in getting what I ordered at the moment.

Thank goodness my wife let me look at my Birthday present early.

Bob

red_death

Have they got the right product codes on the power car sets?

Cheers Mike

PaulCheffus

Hi

Still no sign of mine and it was shipped Monday. Post has been today.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Snowwolflair

Quote from: PaulCheffus on August 26, 2020, 01:43:43 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 26, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

Hi

There was nothing on my email from Dapol saying how it was being shipped so I assumed it was by the Royal Mail. If DPD I would have expected an email from them as they usually give a time slot.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

Snowwolflair

Quote from: PaulCheffus on August 26, 2020, 01:56:19 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

Hi

There was nothing on my email from Dapol saying how it was being shipped so I assumed it was by the Royal Mail. If DPD I would have expected an email from them as they usually give a time slot.

Cheers

Paul

Yes I got shipping notice and a DPD email shortly after.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 26, 2020, 01:58:06 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

Hi

Cheers

Paul

Hi

I just got an email saying it had shipped. I'll give it a week then I'll contact Dapol.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

PaulCheffus

Quote from: PaulCheffus on August 26, 2020, 02:00:54 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

Hi

Cheers

Paul

Hi

I just got an email saying it had shipped. I'll give it a week then I'll contact Dapol.

Out of interest what was your shipping cost.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

Snowwolflair

Quote from: PaulCheffus on August 26, 2020, 02:00:54 PM
Hi

Cheers

Paul

Comes by DPD

Hi

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Cheers

Paul

Given the mess Dapol is in I would call them now.  No email means DPD don't know about you package.

Trainfish

Just had both myself and they say they will deliver tomorrow. Fingers crossed they have sent the power cars I ordered, ie the prototype, not departmental
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 26, 2020, 02:04:54 PM
Given the mess Dapol is in I would call them now.  No email means DPD don't know about you package.

Hi

Thanks and I've emailed them as I am unable to phone at the moment.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

Trainfish

Quote from: PaulCheffus on August 26, 2020, 02:14:27 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on August 26, 2020, 02:04:54 PM

Hi

Thanks and I've emailed them as I am unable to phone at the moment.

Cheers

Paul

Going by personal experience alone, don't expect a fast response to an email. They may respond quickly but they haven't done so to me previously. They actually called me yesterday from a mobile but I'm not sure I should give that number out in case it's a personal number being used whilst working from home.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

CaleyDave

Quote from: Bob G on August 25, 2020, 06:19:48 PM
Quote from: Shiney Sheff on August 25, 2020, 03:46:38 PM
So, if I have got this right, if you have ordered a power car and trailer and the two packs of coaches along with the restaurant pack, there are 12 vehicles in all.?

Bob

Hi Bob
I thought i posted this before, but I'll try again.

Dapol have made two packs of SO-SO-FO-FO coaches and one pack of TRUB-TRUK restaurant vehicles. (NB someone might say they are TSO not SO and the catering coaches are wrong, but lets go with it for now). So in total you may have to buy 10 coaches to make the typical consists that I've seen in many photos.

The in service WR Paddington-Weston route was mainly Power Car-SO-SO-TRUB-SO-TRUK-FO-FO-Power Car.
I've seen another FO added in on the ECML trains, and possibly on the WR too. I dont think it ever did get up to 12 car in revenue earning service.

HTH
Bob

Bob is correct from what I have seen.

A key bit of information I have seen in books but never sourced and always in passing which makes a lot of sense is that the first 3 mk3's built were not for the hst program but just as prototype loco hauled stock.
As the hst was originally loco and stock they ordered 7 additional prototype coaches to allow a full train (the tsb and ruk being delayed due to changes including improvements to the window surrounds) When the hst became a dmu it gained 1 redundant prototype allowing 8 cars during ecml testing and the other 2 became royals as they were no longer required.

Construction of The mk3A SO/FO ordered for the west coast mainline were constructed first and were closer to the prototype than the hst mk3 which underwent greater testing and improvements some of which relied on the new electrical system and others found there way into later mk3A and the mk3b builds.

Bob G

Quote from: red_death on August 26, 2020, 12:33:25 PM
Have they got the right product codes on the power car sets?

Cheers Mike

Definitely Mike. The packaging is/was (as it has gone back now) labelled correctly.
My pre order that I completed online, and the web generated invoice I paid for online (which interestingly is no longer accessible by me) said 001, but the packing slip said 002 and as I understand it, it seems their software somewhere between payment and packing might have changed the code, because the packing slip said 002 and I would never have knowingly ordered a yellow dipped version.
Bob

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations