Electra Railway Graphics - Up and running!

Started by Adam1701D, September 30, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybeema

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

EtchedPixels

Quote from: captainelectra on October 15, 2012, 08:03:57 AM
The Arriva set incorporates overlays for 2xTSO, 1xRFM and DVT - ideal for re-liverying the "Pretendolino" pack, which can be picked up fairly cheaply on-line.

Finally a use for the pretendoleanto. May have to ponder that.

Glad to see you are back up and running.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Duncan83

Adam1701D

Spoke too soon....  :veryangry:

I have again run out of vinyl and cannot, at present, source any alternative supplies.

If you are awaiting an outstanding order, please be patient, as I cannot guarantee any delivery dates. Obviously, as soon as I can get fresh vinyl then things will start moving again. I am checking the supply situation daily and have tried alternative sources (without success) and will keep you updated.

Please note that to cheques will be banked and no money requests sent unless your order ready or has been sent.

This is a dire situation for me and, unless rectified, means that Electra will no longer be able to trade.

Please accept my most sincere apologies.  :help:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

Very sad to hear.  :(

Is there a specific type of vinyl that you need? ???  Or is it secret?!  I'm sure you've looked everywhere yourself, but somebody may know.

Donkey

I hope you can sort out a regular supplier soon Adam. I have seen your vinyls both on here and at shows and think they are superb.

Marty

Jack

Being a small self employed trader I feel for you.  :(  It become hard and frustrating when good supply chains break down through no fault of your own :scowl:.

I hope you can sort things out soon Adam.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Adam1701D

Many thanks for all the kind comments and offers of help. I have located a hitherto untried vinyl supplier, so have ordered a small pack for testing.

It shouldn't be that difficult - there seem to be a lot of companies offering vinyl but having tried a few, I've had some real stinkers, such as...

1) Curls up as soon as it comes out the pack and won't print properly
2) The inkjet fixative layer de-laminates when you try to peel the sticker off the backing
3) Actually glossy sticky paper and goes horrible...

The eBay trader who supplies the good stuff isn't showing any vinyl in stock and won't reply to any of my messages!  :veryangry:

Anyway, we shall overcome. Qap'la, as the Klingons say!  :bounce:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

kaiwhara

Quote from: captainelectra on November 26, 2012, 07:34:33 PM
It shouldn't be that difficult - there seem to be a lot of companies offering vinyl but having tried a few, I've had some real stinkers, such as...

I too am sorry to hear about whats been happening. I have been plotting and scheming for years to build a Southern Electric Layout based on your products, and now that Ive got to a stage where I can just about start building it, that was when your supply struggles started. I wished I had ordered from you earlier now  :(

You are right though, it shouldn't be that difficult. If cutters are still on the market, naturally you would have thought it would flowed on that there would be vinyl available to stick in said cutters! A crazy situation really, one not of yor own creation, and I hope all the work you have put in to your business is not wasted!

Hope it all sorts itself out!
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

portland-docks

Hi adam

Do you still have a royal train available?

If you do i wouldnt mind that then all i need is the west highland line

Cheers

Paul
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

OwL

Adam,

Best of luck in sourcing a new supplier that has the vinyl you need. Iam very pleased with both my re-vinyl'd class 90 into SNCB livery and my 'Dutch' Liveried class 47.

I hope you get it sorted soon,

Best Wishes :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Adam1701D

Thanks again, folks!

Sorry - no Royal Trains in stock. (I do have one but it has not cut properly, so is going in the bin!)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

portland-docks

Are any of the coaches cut right? Cos i dont mind taking some and getting the reat later
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Adam1701D

Now most of my order backlog has been cleared and a supply of vinyl has been secured (for now), I can turn my attendtion once more to the more fun business of developing new stuff.

Having done some sides for the Lornby Class 121 in OO, it only seemed right to pick up a Dapol dummy unit and have a go in N. What does the panel think?

So far, I've drawn up or am planning the 121/122 in BR Refurbished White, Midline, Early NSE, SWT, Arriva (pictured), Railtrack Brown and Railtrack Blue/Green, Network Rail and of course Loadhaul!

The vinyls will go straight over the Dapol model without any modification but you will get a much better fit if you pare off all the raised detail (*sob*).
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations