what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on April 13, 2015, 03:39:15 PM
Some might say that, me being 1.76m tall, I have to look down on them but I couldn't possibly agree with that sort of thing :no: :angel: :dighole:

Speak English man! How many inches is that?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Quote from: Trainfish on April 13, 2015, 09:04:44 PM
Some might say that, me being 1.76m tall, I have to look down on them but I couldn't possibly agree with that sort of thing :no: :angel: :dighole:

= 69.2913386 inches, apparently  :wave:

Dave G

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Newportnobby

Quote from: sparky on April 13, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
Ballasting points....fingers crossed they still move in 48hrs time!

I'm sure if I had my fingers crossed for 48 hours they wouldn't move at all :worried:

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Sprintex

Quote from: Trainfish on April 13, 2015, 09:56:07 PM
You got that Arthuritis Mick?

Is that where you're allergic to Dudley Moore films? ;D

Paul

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Trainfish on April 13, 2015, 09:04:44 PM

:laughabovepost:

I think NPN is trying to be young and trendy :) , having no idea myself what that was I was not sure if I should add :
"I get a pain in the back of my neck" ( /Corbett)

Seriously though :
In the lab I had no trouble with mm, microM, ångström, centigrade and Kelvin etc&etc
but when at home and in the man-cave I was out of my depth (!) if things were not in feet and inches and didnt know if it was clement outside if the temperature was not given in Fs !

MalcolmInN

What am I doing ? -
watching locos no 4 & 5 going round, with fingers xxed  they wont die like 1 (a year ago, caused a hiatus) and 2 & 3 (recently), did :(

So far so good :)

paulprice

I'm trying to figure out why Superglue sticks me to everything but will not stock what I want to where I want it.

:dunce:

MalcolmInN

I think that was explained in the recent Nobel Prize for Physics by Prof. Murphy and co-author W. Sod
There may however be determined a varient to this theory, such that Relatively what you want isnt where you thought it was, when the Late Hadron Collider comes back on-line.

paulprice

I think I have a Hadron Colinder, is great for draining pasta

petercharlesfagg

Right at this moment in time I am cutting a hole into a new enclosure box to fit my controller before I affix the box to the side of a desktop enclosure where I hope to have my probe and button arrangement for the complicated junction that I have spend such a long time and money in getting down on the baseboard.

Our mutual friends, Only Me and Aaron Bischoff (I cannot remember his handle!) are helping where they can with the horrendous trackwork electrification I have set myself!

[smg id=24002 type=preview align=center caption="2nd attempt reduced"]

This will eventually be on top of my console filling the 11" x 6" space and therefore no room for my panel mount controller!

Return to square one, do not pass go and do not collect £200!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 14, 2015, 10:22:18 AM
Egad Peter :jawdropping:
That is some junction :goggleeyes:

Thankyou, these are only a few of the points there are another 12 scattered around the layout but they will have their own ground frames. (Learning the lingo, you see!  ;) )

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations