Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark37/4

Quote from: Croxy on November 22, 2014, 11:35:35 PM
Quote from: mark37/4 on November 22, 2014, 11:27:46 PM
Quote from: Croxy on November 22, 2014, 11:15:32 PM
Quote from: mark37/4 on November 21, 2014, 06:28:15 PM
Hi Croxy,

What decoder did you use in your Deltic, im going to go to DCC next year, & have the same deltic, & thinking of using the bachmann 6pin decoder in the blue sleave,

Mark

Hi....I used a Fleischmann 6 pin decoder in that one and it works nicely.....I've used those and had to get a Lenz Silver Mini for my Dapol Pannier as the Fleischmann ones were too long. I'm actually going to pick up 3 of the Bachmann decoders to try for the last of my collection that need to be chipped. For the Fleischmann I put some tape on the side facing down to prevent any shorts. I've also put the Fleischmann chip in my Warship. It's pictured as well....The Fleischmann chips are about the same price as the Bachmann ones here....

Cheers, Croxy

Cheers Croxy, When ive looked at the bachmann ones they seem bulky, but think all try them & the Fleischmann ones

Mark

The Bachmann ones may seem bulky (speculating at this point) due to the blue cover. From what I viewed fitting the chip I think there will be enough clearance. If not I suppose the cover could be cut off and a thin layer of insulating tape used....I'm picking up the Bachmann chips in a couple of weeks from a vendor at a model railway show I'm going to and will try to remember to let you know my impressions of those chips.

Mark...no really....that's my name too.... :) :beers:

Okay Mark  :beers: :beers:

I think it is the blue wrap, but ive only seen pics on the net of them, & the gaps in my locos are quite tight, Got the Deltic, and a Dapol Colas 66 & G.F. Black 5

Mark H  ;) ;) ;)

THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

GeeBee

I have spent three days taking Martini Holt apart again as I have to lower the baseboard level by 6 inches. Reason being just been informed that because of all the medication I am taking a side effect is Arthritis in my shoulders and elbows so I need to lower it so that I can sit on a chair to work on it all and as I screwed the baseboards to the joists it all has to be unscrewed and re-aligned I am hoping one of my friends will help with the crawling about bit other wise this could take a long time to achieve,  :idea: :idea:  perhaps I could re-plan the layout while I am resting  :dunce:  :dighole: not a good idea SWMBO wants to start putting scenery on the layout before grandchildren arrive in December

talisman56

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

GeeBee

Having lowered the baseboards relaying the disturbed track and resiting the station this could take a while
:claphappy:

longbridge

Ballasted the track last night, finished the scenery last weekend, more than happy with the results.

Next job is to work out where to put the roads, plant bushes and other ground cover.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: longbridge on December 02, 2014, 07:29:57 PM
Ballasted the track last night, finished the scenery last weekend, more than happy with the results.

Next job is to work out where to put the roads, plant bushes and other ground cover.

Come on, Dave. I know you know how to post pics so get your Box Brownie out please ;)

Trainfish

I've been removing PVA by scraping and sanding. How exciting is that?  :thumbsdown:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

talisman56

Mock-ups of the station building area and platform changes:

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0

railsquid

Low-rise mobile shelving units have arrived, which I am assembling and using to store my books under the layout. As it is occupying the space previously housing a high-rise bookshelf and the books were living in precarious piles on the floor. Still some strategic rearrangement to be done before I can get on to the interesting stuff...

MinZaPint

Cursing dropper wires, rail joiners, IRJs and Copydex in no particular order  :veryangry: Then I look at others efforts on here and wonder why I have so much trouble  :confused2: Right off to see what the rest of you have been up to while I build up the next burst of enthusiasm, think I'd better have a calmer
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Malc

Just had a SPROG3 delivered, so starting to play with it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mr bachmann

track laying at present , and teaching myself  (and Kato No 4's ) some new words  :veryangry:   

Alan

Newportnobby

I do believe the Kato #4 points have heard every phrase and expletive ever coined, Alan :P

talisman56

I'm taking the weight off my feet, having spent all day on them operating 'Dunestone' at the Club Open Day.

Voice is shot talking to many of the punters, having seen it is a work in progress, firing questions about how such-and-such was done and what I'm expecting to do elsewhere.

Also spent some of the day cursing at the Platform 1 release crossover, one point of which refused to go to the 'reverse' position half the time; and the motor on the most important point on the whole layout, the entry point from the tunnel, which refuse to fire over to the 'normal' position far enough to latch the switch on the motor, resulting in no power to the main platform line...

texhorse

Today, I have been getting my yard lights up and running again at South Pine.  When I went over from DC to DCC, I disconnected them all.  Now I am rewiring all the accessories to work off an accessory bus.  Wish I had done that in the first place!

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations