The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning 9mm

with a bicycle and a mangle ?

reference to Porridge  :hmmm:

TrevL

Quote from: lil chris on December 08, 2022, 09:24:19 AM
Good idea but slight problem I do not have a garden just a back yard, well never mind.

FYI, Lidl sell biodegradable caddy liners (food bin liners) at £1.65 for a 20 pack.  We get them all the time as our council are always "out of stock".
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 06, 2022, 07:00:15 PM
Using anything else would, according to Halfords phoneline, void any warranty.
NextBase seem to know there's an issue as there is a spare pad in the box.
There is a 'hatched' area around the rear view mirror on the Qashqai which might be 'rippled' (I'll check tomorrow) but have, in the meantime, contacted Tech Support at NextBase and await some reply.
My car also has a heated front screen if that has any bearing on things.
I really can't see why using double sided tape on the sticky side of the pad would invalidate a warranty :confused1:

Well, the Halfords helpline told me they'd made an 'anytime' visit at the Chorley branch for today (Thursday) so I defrosted the car and trundled down there to find the dash cam man doesn't work Thursdays so I have to go back at 3pm tomorrow ::) :censored:
Absolutely no reply from the NextBase tech support either  :poop:

@dannyboy @Malc
I pushed the unit back onto my windscreen Tuesday morning and travelled some pretty shonky roads yesterday and it's still holding on. May have found the problem, though. I took this pic an hour ago and it appears the pad is not fully seated on the windscreen as can be seen from the different colours of the pad (you may need to enlarge the pic) so I'll show it to the guy tomorrow. It's also clear of the 'frits' (Star Wars - the Return of the Frits) :D
OK, so it's my effort not fully seated but at least I got it to stick for more than 60 miles!

dannyboy

Looking at the picture Mick it looks like that there is some missing adhesive or that there is air trapped between the pad and the windscreen.  :hmmm: Those sticky pads are usually very effective. I have used them in the past to stick a rear view mirror to the screen, (as someone else mentioned).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

lil chris

The little green sticky pads Ford sell for their mirrors are very good, just make sure the windscreen is clean use some isop off the railway.

Re the Doctors surgery I have same problem, mine is taking no appointments till the 19th December. They have shut down the Ask my gap app, I only want a B12 injection. So it is no wonder the hospitals are bearing the brunt of the problems with large queues.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

kesdrive

I too have B12 injections and the nurse makes my next appointment each time i have injection (every 3 months)

I have visited my surgery a lot over the last few months and the waiting room is pretty much empty on each visit.

There is a notice at reception stating that there are over 500 missed appointments during October.

Missed appointments, empty waiting rooms, can't get an appointment?

I am at a loss.

Chris

JasonBz

Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2022, 08:26:44 AM
I'd like to see strike action like Japanese bus drivers - run the service, but collect no fares. I resent being a pawn in their negotiation, as I have no sway in it. Fine, hold your employer to ransom if that's your bag, but not the travelling public, they'll just end up grossly inconvenienced, will go elsewhere, patronage will drop and jobs will go, and I have no sympathy for that.
Doing that (at least in the UK, on the railway) could see one  heading for the sack for breach of contract.

njee20

Yep, I know why it doesn't happen, but I also don't really give a damn about that. Sack them for striking. Job jobbed.

Trainfish

Quote from: JasonBz on December 08, 2022, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2022, 08:26:44 AM
I'd like to see strike action like Japanese bus drivers - run the service, but collect no fares. I resent being a pawn in their negotiation, as I have no sway in it. Fine, hold your employer to ransom if that's your bag, but not the travelling public, they'll just end up grossly inconvenienced, will go elsewhere, patronage will drop and jobs will go, and I have no sympathy for that.
Doing that (at least in the UK, on the railway) could see one  heading for the sack for breach of contract.

Isn't refusing to work (striking) also a breach of contract? It would be in my job.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Trainfish on December 08, 2022, 11:40:33 PM

Isn't refusing to work (striking) also a breach of contract? It would be in my job.

Seems that striking is an activity heavily regulated by laws amended by parliament from time to time.

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action-strikes/your-employment-rights-during-industrial-action
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

The Q

We don't have waste food...

We have a dog....

PaulCheffus

Quote from: kesdrive on December 08, 2022, 11:07:06 PM

Missed appointments, empty waiting rooms, can't get an appointment?

I am at a loss.

Chris

Hi

Quite straight forward. People book appointments don't turn up. No appointments available for others and empty waiting rooms, simple.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Newportnobby

Empty waiting rooms = Blue Peter badge for the GP receptionist whose job it is to prevent you seeing your GP ;)

Browning 9mm

our surgery used to have 'emergency appointments' after the morning surgery,
you turned up,
waited
saw any doctor

then along came Covid and they were stopped.

then we were told no more covid, everything is fine, don't need to wear masks, go where you want, when you want, meet who you want.....

but the emergency appointments never came back  :hmmm:

you still have to wear a mask, which I understand, but you didn't when you were waiting in a room full of sick / contagious people  :hmmm:

SWMBO had a text to say she had only one day left to get her blood pressure done, phoned surgery, listened to the usual 5 minutes about covid, actuall spoke to a human, and was told the nurse did blood pressure, no appointments till end of december, had I not got a machine myself.

my reply of 'no, but perhaps it would be quicker if I did the nurse training and got one' did not seem to go down very well  :-[

thebrighton

Our surgeries waiting room is always empty now as 85% of appointments are by phone. It's a pain but less cancellations as if you don't answer the phone it's only wasted seconds of the doctors time and they are able to 'see' more patients every day.
Like I said it can be a pain but being able to talk to a doctor is easier than pre COVID so that's one plus from the pandemic.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations