The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Railwaygun on November 21, 2021, 02:37:13 PM
If your lap&op has USB3 ( blue usually) so look at a USB GigaBit  Ethernet dongle?.

£11.99 Black Friday deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/uni-Ethernet-Compatible-Notebook-Windows7/dp/B087QFQW6F/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

USB 2 dongles as well( 100 MBS only)

Nothing blue about my laptop :no: :angel:

guest311

afraid I never got beyond red to red, black to black.....

and even that didn't help when SWMBO wanted a new light in the kitchen. ...
red to red - black to black, green/yellow to green/yellow ...

BANG

large hole and flash from consumer unit, phoned council ....

"ah, yes that happens a lot, leccies should use red tape to mark that one of the blacks is in fact red...

but they often don't.

we'll send someone round "
>:( :veryangry: :censored: :help:

Trainfish

Or as most sparkys will say, red to red, yellow to yellow, blue to bits. When I did my apprenticeship you could get twin and earth with 2 red cores rather than a black and red (brown and blue these days) but I always preferred black and red so I knew which was the permanent live as opposed to the switch wire. I occasionally put red tape on the black but not always. Maybe I did the wiring in your house  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

now I don't feel so bad about taking so much money off you  :D

Trainfish

Trouble is I can no longer afford to buy brown (previously red) insulation tape as you've got all my money!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

SSE!!!!!!! They fitted a smart meter back in May as I was unable to read my meter   (which is not in my flat but in a locked room at the end of the building) despite having the smart meter fitted they were still estimating my usage, considerably over estimating at that. Just to add insult to injury they upped my direct debit to £177  which appears to be a standard industry ploy to try and force one to supply meter readings - average electricity usage in these flats is aout £50 per month. They are also taking an amount to "recover arrears" arising from their over estimations of usage over previous years.
After a lengthy phone call yesterday trying to get through the thick skull of a customer service person I now await a revised bill.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Strewth! :o I'm currently paying £61 per month for dual power in my bungalow.

Dorsetmike

Quotein my bungalow.
Is that because they ran out of bricks and had to bung a low roof on it, or was it a bungle that you still owe money on?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

"they ran out of bricks and had to bung a low roof on it"

I was always told that PPPPPP ... :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 23, 2021, 01:24:19 PM
Quotein my bungalow.
Is that because they ran out of bricks and had to bung a low roof on it

Strange that, 'cos the one next door attached to mine is the same :uneasy: :P

javlinfaw7

Went for my flu jab yesterday ,wait 40 minutes in a queue ,maimly out side the building though the appointment was booked 4 weeks earlier, got to the reception desk to be told they had run out of flu vaccine. About 3 hrs before closing time they could not offer me a new appointment and advised me to phone todayfor a new .appointment. I could  still however still get my covid booster 40 minutes later that was done. Phoned today and was given next available appointment on 16/12/21.

Bealman

Noise at Chez Bealman.

The house at the back of our place (which fronts onto a cul-de-sac) was ripped down at the start of the year, and the white thing constructed (doesn't look too bad).
But yesterday they started ripping out the existing pool. What a bloody noise! That's Chez Bealman on the right, so you can see how close it is. The vibration knocked pictures off walls!

Look at the bloody mess. I just hope it doesn't undermine the foundation of Chez Bealman.  :veryangry:

God only knows what that all cost  :confused1:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Looks a decent build but I'd be concerned just how much of your rear garden is overlooked, especially from their upstairs window :hmmm:

Bob Tidbury

What a mess I hope it is cleared up soon and doesnt cause any problems to Chez Bealman ,  What are they actualy trying to do .?
As Newport Nobby said they have a good view from their upstairs window ,.
No nude sunbathing any more now .
Bob Tidbury

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations