The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: steve836 on January 21, 2021, 11:58:54 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 21, 2021, 10:44:43 AM
And finally from me on the subject, whilst there are millions struggling to pay for the roof over their head and/or put food on the table, was there really any sense on spending millions on fireworks for the inauguration in the current climate?
Signed
A Party Pooper

People who work in firework factories need to eat too.

Oh, that's all right, then ::)

Skyline2uk

Humph

We in the Skyline household indulged in the pizza of a certain famous chain (the one that could also be played as a pub game) on Monday.

Blinking app played up, order failed, but bank app immediately informed me of the charge.

Today confirmed have actually been charged twice.

Used PayPal so at least can have a crack at recovery.

There is a head office number listed on PayPal (who encourage you to contact retailer first before doing a formal dispute), but they closed at 5 after I noticed the double charge.

Branch is of course open, but the, erm, employees said I should call back "when the manager gets in at 6".

Maybe this is the universe way of telling me to ditch junk food.

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

We've had that issue a few times with the same chain. I find that if you kick off on the phone they sometimes refund both payments  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

Is the pizza chain specific to the West Country? We don't have one in the Midlands called darts.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

You're on form today, Malc!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Well as it happens said Pizza group were jolly nice about it and I have just had an e-Mail from PayPal saying I have been refunded.

Over to the Happy Thread  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on January 21, 2021, 10:56:26 PM
Is the pizza chain specific to the West Country? We don't have one in the Midlands called darts.

Could be worse. You could order a pizza and get Skittles.

Skyline2uk

Really rather miffed at myself.

Fitted all but one of the supplied etches to one of my Revolution Trains 92s.

Last, smallest "Polo Mint".....PING!

Never to be seen again  :'(

Have contacted the 92 support e-Mail for help.

I am a dingbat.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Remove shoes/slippers and socks and walk round as much of the area as you can get to. Chances are you might find it :ouch:

Trainfish

Buy a metal detector and scan the whole room  :thumbsup:

I have no idea if they're made of metal but it could be useful for something else later in life  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 28, 2021, 08:58:53 PM
Remove shoes/slippers and socks

But check said shoes/slippers and socks very carefully when removing them - the 'Polo Mint' might be inside.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

As usual you lot respond with the expected mixture of mirth and useful advice I have come to love from this place.

And besides in an astonishing display of customer service, the rapid Revolution squad will have a new etch on its way to me tomorrow.

Seems I am destined not to spend much longer on the angry thread today  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 28, 2021, 09:23:50 PM

Seems I am destined not to spend much longer on the angry thread today  :thumbsup:

All the more space for Alan @class37025  :-X

guest311

OY !

I have been known to frequent the unhappy, and even happy threads ....

very occasionally.

HB says no more Bonios for you, bad @newportnobby  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations