The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

There was a guy wandering around Ikea, when approached by a salesperson. "Can I help you sir?". "I'm looking for a map". "I'm sorry, we don't sell maps. Where were you looking to go?". "The perishing exit!!"
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

MikeDunn

Quote from: jonclox on October 21, 2015, 10:56:29 AM
a useless B&Q
<buzzzzzz> Repetition !  "useless" and "B&Q"

jonclox

We got around to proving the theory this afternoon.............. A quick trip down to B&Q for some timber to  make layout legs. Ended up having to buy a saw and 2 massive lengths of timber  :hmmm:
Son then proceeded to  saw into 3 pieces each out in the car park as they had nobody in store to do it for us  :veryangry:
What a surprise ?
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MinZaPint

Best meatballs I've had was in a tapas bar in Areciffe Lanzarotte the attractive lady running the place had nothing to do with it, honest :angel: sorry should have posted in the happy thread  ::)
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Malc

Quote from: jonclox on October 21, 2015, 04:01:57 PM
We got around to proving the theory this afternoon.............. A quick trip down to B&Q for some timber to  make layout legs. Ended up having to buy a saw and 2 massive lengths of timber  :hmmm:
Son then proceeded to  saw into 3 pieces each out in the car park as they had nobody in store to do it for us  :veryangry:
What a surprise ?
If I need a tape measure or a saw, I just borrow one and put it back after. I did have an issue with the checkout when I only wanted to scan 2 pieces of wood and I had 4.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Malc on October 21, 2015, 07:00:56 PM
If I need a tale measure
Now I know some people on here like to spin tall tales, but isn't this taking action against them to an extreme  ???

Trainfish

At least it wasn't also 'sore'
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

Its not Fair !!
Seems like we are only half way through this month and  already tonight we have to put the clock back an hour and loose some sleep in the morning.
I guess the Scots and Picts have made their own arrangements  but us poor southerners get clobbered yet again. ;)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

steve836

Quote from: jonclox on October 24, 2015, 11:21:23 AM
Its not Fair !!
Seems like we are only half way through this month and  already tonight we have to put the clock back an hour and loose some sleep in the morning.
I guess the Scots and Picks have made their own arrangements  but us poor southerners get clobbered yet again. ;)

Its because of those awkward so-and-sos north of the border that we have to put up with it. Our govt. wanted to change clocks in line with rest of Europe to give more useful daylight in winter but the Picts and Scots whinged so much that the idea was scrapped.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Quote from: jonclox on October 24, 2015, 11:21:23 AM

Not sure about you but I'm having an extra hour in bed in the morning.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

Quite right John- Its in the spring we lose sleep

JasonBz

Spring Forward - Fall Back (into bed! :D )

steve836

As a matter of interest, how do our non-European friends do it? Do they play about with the clocks in Japan,Oz or USA?

MalcolmInN

Quote from: JasonBz on October 24, 2015, 12:10:45 PM
(into bed! :D )
^ I like it !

It used to confuse me, now with all my clocks 'sept one either radio controlled or internetted I dont know that anything changed when I wake up.
The exception is the one old fashioned synchronous off the mains type with real hands, yes hands in the plural, two hour hands one black and one white for when I am playing amateur radio and astronomy, one points to UTC (GMT) and the other BST.

What makes me really angry is our civil authorities trying to play god with the natural order of things, why cant they leave things alone ? Confuses the cows at milking time as well  ;D duh?!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations