The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I can't remember the last time I literally did LOL at a post but I just did then when reading about 45 minutes of reverse drilling! Nice one Bealman, yes, you most certainly are goose of the day. Congratulations  :laugh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Bit like a mate of mine who complained that his sander attachment was bl**dy noisy.

We checked it out  -  and turned the Hammer option off!  :D

Dave G

Kipper

Just dug out the steam mop we bought a few years ago (and which never got past the taking out of the box stage). Thought I would clean the carpet after the puppy deposits (as she is now house trained!?!). Water put in tank, plugged in, red light (good), green light (better), turn on tap - and nothing. Checked instructions - was tap shut for any length of time, as might have squashed pipe shut. Bugger, it was! Stripped cover off, and released pipe from tap - flat. Revived and adjusted so different part of pipe in tap. Went through process again, but still no steam. Opened up again, and rummaged around boiler area (very hot!), and found that the boiler was all corroded and looked snookered. Steam mop is now stripped and recyclable bits ready for recycling centre, and rest in dustbin. Now, where is the Argos catalogue?

Malc

Re George's incident. A pal of mine was having trouble getting his petrol lawn mower started after the winter break. I was having a look at it, but couldn't fix it. I asked him for some hand cleaner, he pointed to a can containing paraffin. This isn't paraffin, I said, this is petrol. Oops, he said, I must have filled the lawn mower with paraffin.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I filled the tank of my petrol fuelled Toyota Celica with diesel once. It got me about 50 yards down the road. Had to have it towed to three different repair shops before someone could work out what was wrong with it.  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldun

Ordered a battery for my Land Rover. Received an email this morning at 08.39 AM:

"Your Battery Mega Store order 31115150083205 is estimated for delivery by UK Mail between 14:49 - 15:49. 
Your order is now out for delivery with our driver, and will be delivered between the times stated above".

At 16.00 hours I received another email:

"We're sorry... 
Our driver has met with an unexpected delay and will be with you soon.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused"..

It's now 20.57 and I'm still waiting :censored:

Good job Its not an urgent order  :sleep:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Trainfish

Quote from: Kipper on February 05, 2015, 04:13:26 PM
Just dug out the steam mop we bought a few years ago (and which never got past the taking out of the box stage). Thought I would clean the carpet after the puppy deposits (as she is now house trained!?!). Water put in tank, plugged in, red light (good), green light (better), turn on tap - and nothing. Checked instructions - was tap shut for any length of time, as might have squashed pipe shut. Bugger, it was! Stripped cover off, and released pipe from tap - flat. Revived and adjusted so different part of pipe in tap. Went through process again, but still no steam. Opened up again, and rummaged around boiler area (very hot!), and found that the boiler was all corroded and looked snookered. Steam mop is now stripped and recyclable bits ready for recycling centre, and rest in dustbin. Now, where is the Argos catalogue?

I got one for the wife the other week (a fair swap some may say), £20 in Home Bargains. It is of course still in the box. Maybe I should post this in the For Sale section.............
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldun

My battery delivery gets even better now. According to the delivery company, I received and signed for it at 16.31 hrs yesterday (5/02/2015)
Strange thing is, I don't have it :confused1:

Have contacted said courier as to exactly where their driver delivered it :hmmm:

More to follow ::)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

No wonder the NHS is strapped for cash.
Could it perchance be because, for one appointment at the hospital, I've this morning received 3 separate letters from them confirming said appointment? :hmmm:

Or could it be the cost of packaging for their prescriptions? :hmmm:

Draw your own conclusions, you must :censored:

daveg

Know exactly what you mean, Mick.

I take a lot of different tabs each day; 6 in the morning and 3 each night.  :worried:

I look at some of the empty oversize foil packs and with my N gauge hat on think 'now what can I use that for?'

Dave G

Malc

Being diabetic, I too take loads of different tablets. I don't know why they insist on the foil packs. The small bottles were much easier. When I am getting some of them out of the blister pack, they spring out and I end up crawling around on the floor, trying to retrieve the blessed things.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

GeeBee

Quote from: Malc on February 06, 2015, 02:23:29 PM
Being diabetic, I too take loads of different tablets. I don't know why they insist on the foil packs. The small bottles were much easier. When I am getting some of them out of the blister pack, they spring out and I end up crawling around on the floor, trying to retrieve the blessed things.

Me to thankfully down to 24 a day now

Kipper

The girlfriend sent me a card, first class postage from Slough, for my birthday, which was last Friday - it did not arrive. Today, I received a note from the postman, that I had an underpaid letter waiting at the sorting office - £1.11 to pay. Went down and paid, and found I had the missing card, and only a week late.
Now, why did it take a week, I asked? Not enough postage paid, as it was too thick for the 5mm slot, so came second class, says the woman behind the counter. So why have I got to pay the first class rate supplement, says I. That's the way it is, says she. I reckon I, or the girlfriend, is due a refund!

Newportnobby

I used to get 100 x 75mg dispersible aspirin from the pharmacy in a small plastic pot. For some reason they say they are now not allowed to sell those and instead I get the push-through tablet packs x 10 in a box. All I do is push all the tablets out and put them into the old plastic pot. The world's gone mad (potential name for a Bond film?) :veryangry2:

talisman56

Quote from: GeeBee on February 06, 2015, 02:24:38 PM

Me to thankfully down to 24 a day now

You must rattle when you walk...  :)

...and to think I was happy when they got my 5-a-day down to 2...  :hmmm:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations