The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Not really angry but annoyed more than anything,getting sick and tired of every youtube video having adverts across it.
Recently I was browsing to choose a new printer and now I'm getting printer adverts on youtube and on a lot of sites I visit,I've bought a new printer and I don't need advertising helping me choose another one.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on January 19, 2013, 05:31:18 PM
Not really angry but annoyed more than anything,getting sick and tired of every youtube video having adverts across it.
Recently I was browsing to choose a new printer and now I'm getting printer adverts on youtube and on a lot of sites I visit,I've bought a new printer and I don't need advertising helping me choose another one.

Allan

adblock+

available on Firefox and Chrome
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Very wild 6am Friday, I booted the computer to check that my Pension had been put in but couldn't access the website, I also checked other websites that I could not access  :veryangry:

The day before I got an update with the latest Firefox18 so I thought Firefox may have had a bug or something, I decided to download Opera browser which I hate and was able to access everything except the Bank  :veryangry:

Being a Linux user I backed everything up and loaded a different operating system, same problem  :veryangry: anyway to cut a long story short I started messing around at 11.30 am and after loading and reloading Linux about 3 times and trying 4 different browsers I crawled into bed at 11.45pm, still the same problem could not access bank and other websites.

Got up yesterday morning did the updates for my latest distro and whamo everything was working perfectly, the conclusion I finally came to was there was a problem with my ISP "Optus" and it had nowt to do with faulty downloads or operating systems.

We have snail pace broadband over here and somewhere along the line my ISP must have had part of the system switched off or something  :veryangry:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

guest311

luckily it's the last one tonight, my 20min drive to work took 3hrs 35mins !

thanks to the weather and the antics of WSCC highways, highways agency and sussex plod all roads towards Brighton / Hove were either closed, blocked or gridlocked.

and of course bugger all usefull info on the local radio, and the big info boards were blank, mind you they usually tell you what's happening 30-45 miles away, not just up the road.

muppetts.

final straw was when I finally got to work and checked the met office forecast for Hove, and it told me the white stuff was actually heavy rain !

don't they have any windows ??

so all in all, lost two and a half hours pay, spent three and a half hours mainly sitting in traffic, and I'd left home earlier because we had got a bit of sleet  :veryangry: :veryangry:

how would these idiots get on if we had this sort of weather all through the winter?

not fit for purpose just doesn't get near it.

mind you, nice line of gritters parked up in the depot when I went past  :'(

Sprintex

how would these idiots get on if we had this sort of weather all through the winter?

Same as other countries that have snow all winter - quite well ;)

It's because we only get a week or two every year, sometimes less or none at all, that there are problems. No point investing in more/better machinery as it would sit idle 50 weeks of the year. People don't know how to drive in it which doesn't help, plus people in snowier countries generally have winter tyres and snow chains whereas again, there's no point in this country.

Paul

StufromEGDL

A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

B757-236GT

Swindon Town and doing well? I thought this was the angry thread not the cloud cuckoo thread!

Richard (brother to a massive Swindon Town fan, i too support a town except mine is Chippenham town, my excuse is only Wiltshire glory hunters support the Dons! :P)
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Lawrence

Quote from: StufromEGDL on January 25, 2013, 09:20:13 PM
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10146974.Swindon_top_European_form_league/?ref=rss

Swindon Town.....doing quite well for a change!!

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
But they are skint and up for sale Stu.  As for Chippenham Town, I think they may be 'stuck' where they are for another season  ;)

Dock Shunter

Quote from: StufromEGDL on January 25, 2013, 09:20:13 PM
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10146974.Swindon_top_European_form_league/?ref=rss

Swindon Town.....doing quite well for a change!!

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
I still have to rub me eyes when i look at the table,but my team (Tranmere Rovers) aren't doing to bad either........ :thumbsup:

Caz

Please note, all references to Stu's Ebay scammer have been moved to a separate topic "Ebay Scam", see here http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11017.msg110833#msg110833
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Lawrence

Is the topic viewable by all or registered members only, purely thinking of protecting some people (not me, I don't care  ;D ) I know the Facebook N gauge page has been equally vociferous though and Stu has had a lot of support from them too

Caz

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Trainfish

Quote from: Dock Shunter on January 26, 2013, 11:56:20 AM
I still have to rub me eyes when i look at the table,but my team (Tranmere Rovers) aren't doing to bad either........ :thumbsup:

Scared to play us, Swindon last weekend though I noticed.  >:D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

findus

Being made redundant from my 6 month old job..................... GRRRRR

daveg

Quote from: findus on January 31, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
Being made redundant from my 6 month old job..................... GRRRRR

Sympathies findus. Been there, believe it or not, 8 times over a period of around 24 years!

If it is any encouragement, I've survived and mostly improved my position every time I got another post.

Good luck.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations