New Liveries for existing models

Started by OwL, October 04, 2012, 09:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bees

Quote from: Sprintex on October 05, 2012, 05:04:55 PM
One of my 'wants' is due out soon - Class 37 in Railfreight Distribution  :thumbsup:

The only others I'd want are new Class 47s in NSE, and Intercity livery WITHOUT those hideous full yellow cabs  :thumbsdown:

Paul

Last week I was in Model Mart in Bolton, where they had a second hand RfD 37 (split chassis, i think) for £40.

I picked one up in Railfreight large logo also for £40, and it's a nice, sweet runner too!!!
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Jack

Quote from: bees on October 05, 2012, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on October 05, 2012, 05:04:55 PM
One of my 'wants' is due out soon - Class 37 in Railfreight Distribution  :thumbsup:

The only others I'd want are new Class 47s in NSE, and Intercity livery WITHOUT those hideous full yellow cabs  :thumbsdown:

Paul

Last week I was in Model Mart in Bolton, where they had a second hand RfD 37 (split chassis, i think) for £40.

I picked one up in Railfreight large logo also for £40, and it's a nice, sweet runner too!!!

Like Paul I'm looking forward to a new Rfd 37. I nearly picked up a RfD 37 from Osborne's the other week, I got quite excited, that is until I found out it was the old RfD 37, not DCC ready. It would be nice to thing that the new 37's might have the new Farish motor. According to the lad at Osborne's, the new Farish motors (already in some kettles) are very quiet and have very good creep abilities.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

darren.c

my few are that haven't been said are
fastline 56
fastline spine wagons
cross country 170 3 car
dcr 56 and 31
colas 47 and 56

daz

H

Has anyone had a go at repainting in to any of these listed 'wanted' liveries themselves?

Quoteauthor=Sprintex link=topic=8368.msg90965#msg90965 date=1349453095

The only others I'd want are new Class 47s in NSE,

I had a bash at a NSE class 47. It's not that difficult as transfers for the stripes are available. Tank seems pretty good at NSE livery judging by the amount of stock he re-liveries very successfully in to NSE. I'm surprised more people don't have a go themselves.

H.

StufromEGDL

Quote from: H on October 06, 2012, 07:20:36 AM
Has anyone had a go at repainting in to any of these listed 'wanted' liveries themselves?

Hi Gang;

Done the Fastline 56, DRS 20,33,37,47,87s various, Artemis 56, Colas 47 x2....and a few others..

I would like tp see a non-named LL Blue 47 on the non-flush (535) body from Farish though....it would open up the renumber possibilities no end.

Later;
Stu in EGPG
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

OwL

I wouldn't mind seeing Colas 47's/56's either.

Has anyone seen the new proposed 'Stevenson Rail' 56's yet? They are proposed to have various liveries within the same fleet. Very interesting but I'm not sure I like these yet?

I'll see if I can find a picture.........

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Adam1701D

I am surprised that the Farish Class 150 hasn't appeared in any more contemporary liveries, such as Northern Rail or FGW dark blue.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Matthew-peter

Id like to see a new style class 37 in regional railways livery and maybe the 158 done in the first liveries they carried, (I think) regional railways 'express' and metro red and cream liveries.

not much  :scowl:
OK who took my cake?

scottishlocos

Hi all

would like to see the new class 37/4 in EWS and EWS/Royal Scotsman maroon
also DRS class 37 and 20 and class 37 non split box in dutch livery

regards

Dave

porkie

I would like to see more BR sector liveries....

Coal sector class 60 & 31

Dutch class 47

Split nose 37's  in.....

Large logo grey and redstripe.
Mainline blue
Railfreight distribution.

Construction livery 31's and 47's
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang;

Might take a while to see new liveries on the Class 31, given that the rerool is likely (initially) to be a non refurbished shell.

I have to say that the Class 47 is crying out for some application of liveries ...an excellent model....have to agree with Porkie ref a 'Dutch' 47.  An original Railfreight grey or red stripe 47 has never been released either (notwithstanding the samples Farish did a long time ago before going with RfD livery) A nice Construction 47 would go down well (47006 with ploughs??)

Now that the non-refurb 37s are on the streets, a centre headcode LL Blue (for ED & IS locos) would be nice, and Tinsley had a load of split box LL Blue livery versions too.

I cannot see Farish doing anything else with 33/40/50/56 in the future.
More 150 liveries would go down well (FGW etc) but the 158 now needs a retool.

Later;
STU from EGDL

Greybeema

Thinking  of having a go at the GBRF Blue Orange Class 73.  Have seen a picture of a pair of them at Gravesend. The decals are available from Fox Transfers so it should be quite a straight forwards job.  It is not going to happen though until the loco is converted to DCC (its the old model).  Oh and it is not going to happen until my (currently underway) class 465 Networker build is complete...

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

StufromEGDL

Quote from: Greybeema on October 08, 2012, 11:11:50 AM

Thinking  of having a go at the GBRF Blue Orange Class 73.  Have seen a picture of a pair of them at Gravesend. The decals are available from Fox Transfers so it should be quite a straight forwards job.  It is not going to happen though until the loco is converted to DCC (its the old model).  Oh and it is not going to happen until my (currently underway) class 465 Networker build is complete...

Hi Greybeema;

To save you painting one (but it is straightforward), there are a few Dapol versions creep up from time to time on E-Bay...

Later;
STU from EGDL

Greybeema

Quote from: StufromEGDL on October 08, 2012, 11:15:44 AM
Quote from: Greybeema on October 08, 2012, 11:11:50 AM

Hi Greybeema;

To save you painting one (but it is straightforward), there are a few Dapol versions creep up from time to time on E-Bay...

Later;
STU from EGDL

Hi STU,

Thanks I might get one for the other of the pair (they seem to go in pairs)..To be honest the one I have is in Engineers Dutch so needs a repaint.  I could just overpaint the Yellow with grey - that would make it current (as would large logo blue)..  Oh so much choice...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Sprintex

Quote from: bees on October 05, 2012, 06:21:15 PMLast week I was in Model Mart in Bolton, where they had a second hand RfD 37 (split chassis, i think) for £40.

That's the one I've already got, it's OK but the mechanism is already showing signs of unreliability (as is the relatively new Farish HST with similar split-chassis design), and I'd like the new one with fitted lights rather than mess about fitting them myself  ;)

Quote from: Sprintex on October 05, 2012, 05:04:55 PMThe only others I'd want are new Class 47s in NSE,

I had a bash at a NSE class 47. It's not that difficult as transfers for the stripes are available. Tank seems pretty good at NSE livery judging by the amount of stock he re-liveries very successfully in to NSE. I'm surprised more people don't have a go themselves.

H.

Because it would be just that - having a go.

I have only just tackled my first relivery of simple wagons, trying to do NSE even with transfers would be an enormous task  :goggleeyes: Plus, as good as that repaint picture is I can still be picky and say that the orange cant rail and some of the lower stripes aren't as straight as I would want them, and I'd be at least two or three times as picky with my own work!  :hmmm:

This is not a criticism of your work, that's a damn good relivery and I admire people like yourself and Tank that do it so well, but I know mine wouldn't be up to that standard (yet?) and it just wouldn't be good enough  ;)

Paul

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations