Another blow to the rail industry

Started by Lawrence, July 05, 2011, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogle

Quote from: lesmond on July 05, 2011, 07:53:48 PM
Moogle - if you only call it Great Britain then you leave me out, and I'd cry... :smiley-laughing:

Another good reason to stick with calling it the U.K!  :)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

poliss

Ah, but it's the UK of GB and NI, so you still left him out.  :)

moogle

Quote from: poliss on July 05, 2011, 11:06:49 PM
Ah, but it's the UK of GB and NI, so you still left him out.  :)
???

What about Wales and Scotland then?
I thought they were part of the U.K too?
Must admit though, Geography was never my strong point...  :smiley-laughing:

What was this thread about? Oh yes, I remember. Stuff not being made here but in Germany.
Makes a change from made in China I suppose!  ;D
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

poliss

England, Wales and Scotland comprise Great Britain. It's called Great Britain to distinguish it from the other one.

Geoff

Might as well break up Great Britain, they broke EWS aka English Welsh & Scottish Railways which is now DB Schenker just does not have the same ring to it.
Geoff

lesmond

To go all Basil Fawlty - it makes you wonder who won the war  :smiley-laughing:

Bombardier are a big employer in NI as well, they own what was Short Bros aircraft factory, and have a missile making plant not too far from my office.

I know a lovely story about "loyalist" paramilitaries who tried to steal one... :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

EtchedPixels

Quote from: poliss on July 06, 2011, 12:24:16 AM
England, Wales and Scotland comprise Great Britain.

We're working on fixing that 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Adam1701D

Here at Electra Towers, I have been burning the midnight oil creating a definitive artwork for the new Siemens-built Thameslink units and have a suggestion for the livery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/5913206374/in/photostream

:)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

EtchedPixels

Quote from: captainelectra on July 07, 2011, 08:04:55 PM
Here at Electra Towers, I have been burning the midnight oil creating a definitive artwork for the new Siemens-built Thameslink units and have a suggestion for the livery.

Ah the new royal train ;)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

Quote from: captainelectra on July 07, 2011, 08:04:55 PM

Reckon Tank will be placing a bulk order to convert all his NSE stock  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on July 07, 2011, 09:02:39 PM
Reckon Tank will be placing a bulk order to convert all his NSE stock  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

:o  :o :o

It does look good, I have to say.  If you put a Flak 88 sticking out of the front cab windows I may consider it..... ;)

OwL

I feel very sorry for all the employees who have or will be made redundant. Unfortunately this issue is not just the fault of this government, but is the fault of every government since the end of WW2. This country, the UK of GB (comprising of the four once greatest nations ever to have walked the Earth in equal measure) has been sold down the swanny river since 1945 by weak governments either Red, Blue or Yellow (not so much yellow though these days ;D).

What we have seen at Bombardier, is only a snap shot of what has happened to this nation on a regular basis over the last 65-70 years. This country emerged crippled and bankcrupt but victorious after WW2.

We had all the chances of re-building and starting over by re-investing in building and making our industry's strong thus selling power world wide second to non after WW2, instead the successive governments up till/including the present one have destroyed our manufacturing/industry, diluted our soverienty by giving all decisions to Brussels, blunted the capabilities of our armed forces, killed our national senses (seems a crime these days to fly the Union Flag), got us involved in wars which do not concern us and played up to and support the bankers who shafted the country and not forgetting members of parliment slapping the tax payers faces whenever they fancy claiming a few kit-kats and duck ponds (castle's, second homes, rent-boys, trips abroad, etc etc £££££££££££  ..........
List goes on. Hence no real shock that the only foreign owned sole rail manufacturing company left in Britain is canning jobs in the UK, why would they want to stay here when even this nations government seems hell bent on destroying what is left of the UK rail industry/that particular companies UK interests?

Cannot blame the Germans, they have done the right thing by making their country strong, green and competitable since 1945. After living in Germany for 3 years I would move there in a flash (if they would have me :smiley-laughing:) and with their sense of unity, direction, strength in manufacturing and downright sense of justified pride, dont point the finger of blame at Berlin, point it towards London Westminster and those failures/donkeys that we have voted for over the last 70 years, they are the ones to blame............Sadly Bombardier's tale seems the norm in the UK these days......And many more to come as long as Britain votes for Red/Blue Clowns who care not about the once proud and strong UK of Great Britain

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations