We have snow.....................

Started by Newportnobby, January 16, 2024, 09:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Taken at 08.30 this morning near Preston in Lankyshire, we've had about 2cm of snow with more expected.
A piffling amount compared to some of you, I know, but at least it makes the world look a bit better for a while. :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

S'grim oop North!

Lovely down here, bright sunshine!

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

chrism

Just been out to clear my car ready for going out in quarter of an hour or so, anticipating the remainder of the frost from yesterday being underneath it on the windscreen.
I nearly didn't need to bother, it's turned to rain so it should all be washed away of its own accord soon.
Since it didn't need as much clearing as I'd expected I've come back in the warm for a few more minutes.

port perran

Brilliant sunshine here in West Cornwall.
Hopefully it stays that way as I head up to Bristol later by train.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Browning 9mm

dazzlingly bright sunshine here, but fffffffffffffff-freezing. -2 at present, feels colder.

had snow some days ago, only about 1/2 inch if that, but did look nice.

HB  in his element, but I do not have a fur coat so not in mine walking him. :*(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on January 16, 2024, 10:03:17 AMThat looks like your car?

Nah - it's Liz Hurley's.............................................and then I woke up

Pic was taken from my front door so I hope so!! :uneasy:  :D

PLD

Two foot of snow in Scotland is a minor inconvenience...
Two inches of snow in Northern England, we put on a bigger coat and carry on.
Two millimetres in London it's a National Emergency, and blanket media coverage as though the world is ending...  ::)

Dorsetmike

Bright sun in sunny Bournemouth, vague signs of a light frost overnight.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: PLD on January 16, 2024, 11:48:17 AMTwo foot of snow in Scotland is a minor inconvenience...
Two inches of snow in Northern England, we put on a bigger coat and carry on.
Two millimetres in London it's a National Emergency, and blanket media coverage as though the world is ending...  ::)

grumbeast

Ahem...

While I confess I do live in the balmy part of Canada (its been down to -11 here in Nanaimo the last couple of days), the UK really should stop freaking out about a few flakes and a slightly nippy temperatures lol (just kidding I know you're just not equipped for it)

These temperatures aside, its been *a lot* colder the last few days, down to around -40 -> -50C in Alberta and Interior BC (not going to joke about that, those are downright dangerous temperatures) and we're finally getting some sensible snowfalls.

Attitude here is much different (though people whine about snow and cold every year, which is dumb, cause this is Canada for pity's sake!), I remember my first winter in New Brunswick at a farmers market one weekend enjoying the *outside* barbecue in -25 on a glorious sunny day

G

jpendle

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 16, 2024, 11:01:22 AM
Quote from: Bealman on January 16, 2024, 10:03:17 AMThat looks like your car?

Nah - it's Liz Hurley's.............................................and then I woke up

Pic was taken from my front door so I hope so!! :uneasy:  :D

I once helped a colleague clear the snow from her rental car out here in sunny Colorado.
A quick 5 minutes work at about -15C. It wasn't hers  :doh:

Neither was the next one :(

We decided to target the licence plate area instead and found it after 2 more attempts.

It didn't help that Hertz had delivered around 10 identical rental cars to our offices  >:(

Right now it's sunny, snowy, and minus 9C.

8)  8)  8)  are essential.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on January 16, 2024, 10:33:19 AMBrilliant sunshine here in West Cornwall.
Hopefully it stays that way as I head up to Bristol later by train.

No doubt you'll be 'flying' on the way back after beating Wet Spam
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations